• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Tradd Moore Doc Strange drop
2 2

116 posts in this topic

On 4/30/2023 at 7:30 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

I’d say it’s an amalgamation of Beatles yellow submarine animated artwork with Gulacy and P. Craig Russell, and if i squint really hard, I can also see a bit of Steranko

Beatles Yellow Submarine for the win!  I kept thinking this looks familiar and that was it.  GREAT art and I am admirer of Tradd's. I am always happy to see sucess.  Felix is a very smart operator and did a great job for his artist.  If the market didn't like it then it wouldn't have sold.  Who cares whether the value will be more or less unless you only bought to flip it at some point and then, you are kinda missing the point of the great art.  The fact that the art is fun and and great to look at will never change.  

Edited by Superhero

On 5/1/2023 at 3:51 PM, GotSuperPowers? said:

Is this the Ghost Rider page with no main characters (or no costume characters), with no action?  That's not even close to a fair comparison if it is.  Different style, and lack of content.  But more lack of content than the style.

Quality notwithstanding, that page, if Moore art is so in demand, should have gotten at least a typical Deal Or No Deal offer of $100. It is Tradd Moore art, after all, so it should have at least gotten a lowball offer of $100 and … nothing. Not an offer. Not even someone saying “I will start it off - $50.” Everything else gets a lowball offer. Reselling a Tradd Moore page… nothing.

Don't get me wrong, Tradd Moore art is amazingly beautiful and psychedelic and trippy and I wouldn’t turn one down for a lot, LOT less. He may be the nicest guy in the universe and I’m sure he truly is a wonderful person who is blessing his fans with his pages and covers. But, when his pages are selling for $50,000 the day they’re put up for sale, there’s no way possible the buyer recoups his money when his love of Tradd Moore art fades.

On 5/1/2023 at 6:41 PM, Michael Browning said:

Quality notwithstanding, that page, if Moore art is so in demand, should have gotten at least a typical Deal Or No Deal offer of $100. It is Tradd Moore art, after all, so it should have at least gotten a lowball offer of $100 and … nothing. Not an offer. Not even someone saying “I will start it off - $50.” Everything else gets a lowball offer. Reselling a Tradd Moore page… nothing.

Don't get me wrong, Tradd Moore art is amazingly beautiful and psychedelic and trippy and I wouldn’t turn one down for a lot, LOT less. He may be the nicest guy in the universe and I’m sure he truly is a wonderful person who is blessing his fans with his pages and covers. But, when his pages are selling for $50,000 the day they’re put up for sale, there’s no way possible the buyer recoups his money when his love of Tradd Moore art fades.

Have any of Tradd's art from his previous drop with Felix turned back up on the market? Felix said earlier "SILVER SURFER: BLACK was four years ago. Beat similar naysayers' outlook already. And actually, even mine." Does this mean they have been resold since then and gave a positive ROI? 

But regardless, I would imagine and hope that whoever is spending in this range on these pages are firmly set in their interests and know what they like and aren't so fickle as to suddenly want to move the page, aka are another "unicorn" who decided to buy these pages forgoing considerations of a ROI (or if they really are seeking ROI, maybe they just know what they're doing and see growth potential that most others don't, like what (maybe?) happened with SS: Black)

Edited by JC25427N

Beautiful work, thanks for posting clear images @Nexus. Dr. Strange seems like a perfect vehicle for Tradd’s style, just as it was for Dikto’s more psychedelic style (which blew my mind the first time seeing it as a kid). Excited to see Tradd’s trajectory. 

On 5/2/2023 at 3:30 PM, Varanis said:

Plenty of his non-SSB Tradd art has traded hands publicly and privately. In my experience it all sells for 3x-10x what Felix originally sold for and it's not hard to find buyers. SSB is typically 8-10x+. Felix priced the Doctor Strange drop around 25-35% under SSB secondary, which I think makes perfect sense. The book is unproven but the art is comparable in aesthetic to what we got in SSB.

I'm not sure how not receiving a lowball offer on a Tradd piece on a DOND Facebook post means anything. It's not like the poster would have sold at that price. I'd pay $250 any day for a Tradd page, but I'm not going to insult someone by making an offer like that. I'm not sure I even saw the post in question and I frequent DOND daily. It may have been taken down too quickly for the right buyers to see. 

Where do you get those crazy numbers? I don’t know how SSB pages could sell for 8-10x what they were sold for because the resell prices would be Frank Miller DKR numbers.

On 5/3/2023 at 4:39 AM, Varanis said:

I know people who've bought and sold them. From what I've seen, SSB pages have a floor around $25-$30k right now. Maybe $15-20k for the absolute worst pages. Felix sold the better pages for $3-4k originally.

I've personally sold 4 non-SSB Tradd pages and made 3x, 6x, 8x, and 10x. 

I've bought a Tradd Moore Ghost Rider Page at auction. Nice page, with a great example of Tradd's illusrative style, but no Ghost Rider (in person).

I bought it for 10x what Felix sold it for. I intend to hold onto it I'm yet pretty confident I can still make a profit if I decide to sell.

With so much original art available for people to buy it must be cool as an artist to see your art skyrocket in price while also realizing a good amount of those profits yourself. I know Sean Murphy has talked in the past about how he's always happy to see people who buy his art make money since it makes the pages he's held on to more valuable as well. 

On 5/3/2023 at 7:31 PM, Hockeyflow33 said:

With so much original art available for people to buy it must be cool as an artist to see your art skyrocket in price while also realizing a good amount of those profits yourself. I know Sean Murphy has talked in the past about how he's always happy to see people who buy his art make money since it makes the pages he's held on to more valuable as well. 

I had this same conversation with Art Adams two days ago. He was delighted to hear how well his old art was selling, even though it does not directly benefit him. The indirect benefit was obvious.