• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What examples of 'INFAMOUS' comic art would be fun to own?

54 posts in this topic

I'll go first - to get some obvious ones out of the way -

- Back in the day, the Michael Golden 'Patience Is A Virue' Doctor Strange commission was actually available on eBay.  I really regret not going for that one, would be a hoot to own now.
 - Admit it, it would be kinda hilarious to own that Liefeld Captain America pinup.  You know the one.
- I'd probably be willing to spend real money to land an art-free Byrne page from the 'Snowblind' issue of Alpha Flight. (#6)

I'm sure there are more?
Andrew

Edited by thethedew

On 5/3/2023 at 12:51 AM, thethedew said:

Admit it, it would be kinda hilarious to own that Liefeld Captain America pinup.  You know the one.

Funnily enough, that's the one that immediately sprang to mind the moment I read the topic header!  lol

On 5/3/2023 at 8:25 AM, The Voord said:

I got the next best thing (or even better!).  :bigsmile:

C1lbPpi6_0203201345481sbpi.jpg

I'm blown away by this cover.

Maybe that's how Eli Wallach's 50% absence was finally discovered.....

Capture.thumb.PNG.eee0fce903eac21eb838177214389f99.PNG

And as for Foreman, well, I'm saying nothing about him or his family. No, nothing about Fore's kin will be said. 

Would OA with a banned word count? An Unknown Solider story which just sold on HA (and one with a civil rights theme) contained the N word. I've seen other 70s examples with this usage (stories making a point about racism), but considering that word will never be used in any US comics ever again, I would argue it makes the art infamous to an extent... one wonders if the usage might even prevent a page with it from being sold via public venues in the future.

The unpublished Rafael Albuquerque cover of Joker holding Batgirl hostage. I hate what he did to Babs and how the industry used it to corner her for a while, but I didn't have much of an issue with this cover. I do think Albuquerque handled the controversy really well though.

I missed out on this Incredible Hercules #122 page by a couple months; Clayton Henrey was going around conventions with stacks of his OA from this series and Spider-girl. When he came to St. Louis this was the first page I asked about and he sold it for $75 at the start of the con season without knowing how much of a meme it had become at the time

THE PRESENCE OF THE Z AXIS WOULD SUGGEST THAT WHEREVER THIS IS, IT'S UNDERWATER ANY SEA CHARTS? COURSE WHAT DID工 TELL THEM HIPPOLYTA? CLEARLY SP N ENOUGH TIME WITH HERCULES TO YOU'RE AS LOVELY AS THE DAY WE FIRST SHIELDMAIDS ARE SO FRIENDLY WITH HIM. PERHAPS YOU CHANCE TO SWEET QUEEN THERE y0μ ARE