• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

More Fun 31 - All Hands on Deck
2 2

25 posts in this topic

One of the few books on my hunt list. I love collecting More Fun, specifically the Doctor Fate issues but this is one of the early issues I hope to find an absolute beater copy of this issue one day (ideally 0.5, even restored or incomplete is fine) - hopefully your questing will bring a few more to light I can get my grubby hands on :D

I took a look at the Heritage and ComicConnect auction archives to see what auction history the book has had.

Heritage's archives looks to have three CGC copies/sales (a 3.5, 4.0 and an Apparent /restored 6.0)

ComicConnect had a CGC 3.5 and the BIG enchilada of all - the Mile High 9.6 below!

Interesting that the last time the book showed up in either auction in any grade was nearly a decade ago - 2013.

mor1.349a.jpg

On 5/10/2023 at 7:31 PM, DanCooper said:

I took a look at the Heritage and ComicConnect auction archives to see what auction history the book has had.

Heritage's archives looks to have three CGC copies/sales (a 3.5, 4.0 and an Apparent /restored 6.0)

ComicConnect had a CGC 3.5 and the BIG enchilada of all - the Mile High 9.6 below!

Interesting that the last time the book showed up in either auction in any grade was nearly a decade ago - 2013.

mor1.349a.jpg

Precisely.  Ten years minimum since either major auction house has sold a copy and only three added to the CGC census in those ten years. 

Is there a chance of a house ad in a pulp with ac1 in it?  I know marvel comics 1 cover was in a pulp, and I've seen other comics like real life comics and jungle stories in pulp house ads.

"Donenfeld owned a printing plant and a distribution company, Independence News. Donenfeld also published pulp magazines under a variety of company names: DM, Culture, Trojan, Speed, Arrow. Yes, Donenfeld published the spicy pulps! This included the Super-Detective title which had pulp hero Jim Anthony. Strangely, the title logo of Super-Detective matches the style of the title logo of Superman comics! But am not aware of any crossover of characters or creators between his pulps and DC Comics. He actually ran short comics in his spicy pulps, like “Sally the Sleuth.” He seems to have kept the two quite separated."

On 5/12/2023 at 10:35 AM, woowoo said:

I got a picture of More fun 32 on the news stand it also has a picture of Action 1image.thumb.jpeg.cdace5b18781d341bb77619d4fcf91c1.jpeg

Where‘s the Action 1? I only see an Action 2 on the top right of the rack.

Edited by LDarkseid1

On 5/15/2023 at 1:42 AM, LDarkseid1 said:

Where‘s the Action 1? I only see an Action 2 on the top right of the rack.

I said that more fun 32 also has a picture of Action 1. little confusion the way I said it sorry.

I got a picture of More fun 32 on the news stand it also has a picture of Action 1

On 5/15/2023 at 7:35 AM, woowoo said:

I said that more fun 32 also has a picture of Action 1. little confusion the way I said it sorry.

I got a picture of More fun 32 on the news stand it also has a picture of Action 1

Ohhh, yes I experienced a classical misinterpretation good sir.

On 5/15/2023 at 8:59 AM, LDarkseid1 said:
On 5/15/2023 at 7:35 AM, woowoo said:

Ohhh, yes I experienced a classical misinterpretation good sir.

:headpat::cheers:

On 5/15/2023 at 4:24 PM, Robot Man said:

Well, we of course know that now. But not knowing in 1938, I stand by my decision. Now, if Superman was on the cover, it might have been a different decision. 

I'm surprised you didn't pick the 'Tec with the cops on the cycle taking out the crook.