• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PBA galleries auctioneers new collection 40000+ Every DC
9 9

328 posts in this topic

On 7/19/2023 at 7:53 AM, Ian_Levine said:

But I had over 90% of them including ones so obscure nobody even knew they existed.

That puts you in a very powerful position  of rebuying them very cheap with your vast knowledge .....and nobody really knows how really  rare they are except you.. I hope you do that...pick the top 5 and go for it. If not please PM me your top 5/10 that I need to look out for....and I will run with it.

Edited by Mmehdy

On 7/20/2023 at 2:47 AM, aardvark88 said:

Pretty sure that Bradman Cgc 8.5 on cLink is not Ian's. Rarely, a raw Bradman will pop up on a random eBay auction.

Mine came from the actual family themselves. I bought three. Gave one to Jerome Wenker and kept the other two.

On 7/23/2023 at 10:57 AM, Ian_Levine said:

NOW TV and HBO Max have created the most AMAZING three part series about eighty five years of DC comics. full of video interviews with legends who are now dead. It's the best program about comics I have ever seen in my life

https://www.nowtv.com/gb/watch/playback/vod/A5EK3JXxfMHsPgYK8UXpw

Superpowered.jpg

Saw all three last night. Did learn a few things especially early dc history.  I would rate it 5/10 content and 9/10 visual. Stunning to see those iconic images blown up.

I think for the general public it was very informative. If board members are on the fence try one. 

pretty cool DC admitted they had no clue early on what marvel was doing during the silver age. 

thanks for the heads up.

On 7/19/2023 at 4:53 PM, Ian_Levine said:

But I had over 90% of them including ones so obscure nobody even knew they existed.

Does a listing exist with all these books ? The one I got from Paul does only cover a fraction.

On 7/24/2023 at 6:12 PM, Mmehdy said:

Saw all three last night. Did learn a few things especially early dc history.  I would rate it 5/10 content and 9/10 visual. Stunning to see those iconic images blown up.

I think for the general public it was very informative. If board members are on the fence try one. 

pretty cool DC admitted they had no clue early on what marvel was doing during the silver age. 

thanks for the heads up.

I adored part one, got bored for part two, vehemently hated part three.

On 7/23/2023 at 1:57 PM, Ian_Levine said:

NOW TV and HBO Max have created the most AMAZING three part series about eighty five years of DC comics. full of video interviews with legends who are now dead. It's the best program about comics I have ever seen in my life

https://www.nowtv.com/gb/watch/playback/vod/A5EK3JXxfMHsPgYK8UXpw

Superpowered.jpg

As a kid who grew up on bronze and copper age era DC comics (Superfriends, Chris Reeve, Lynda Carter, reruns of George Reeves and Adam West era DC stuff) I'd never thought I'd see the day Batman (out front in this promotional pic) usurped Superman as the face of DC comics.

Many of the  Disney (acquired and original ex:Marvel) properties would probably do better than Mickey Mouse in a theatrical film release. They would never make Iron Man,  The Incredibles or Darth Vader the face of Disney. 

It's about the history. We could ponder all kinds of 'what if' scenarios, but what is is that Suoerman gave birth to the long underwear industry. Period.

That kind of historical impact should be respected. 

Don't mean to derail Thread. Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Hope to have a shot at one or two of the early DC's in this offering.

Edited by sagii

On 7/25/2023 at 4:35 AM, Ian_Levine said:

I adored part one, got bored for part two, vehemently hated part three.

I feel same way part one by far the best...then politics and a bunch of other stuff came in.....Again this was made for general consumption  with a mental age of 15....for reference see the movie "network".