• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HERO RESTORATION - BOOKS NOT BEING RETURNED
20 20

961 posts in this topic

I am not excusing anything bad that happened to other customers and feel sad about that and his personal issues going on, just wanted to pass along my experience. I hope everyone is eventually made whole and Mike can get back on his feet. 

I had a contact with his legal team as they  contacted me about a book  (luckily  decided not to send in at that time but paperwork must have been still out there) as they had a robbery ,. Obviously I did not file a claim on it. letter sent is below: 

Later, I did have some books pressed  several years ago by Mike, it was good service for me then. Some items were done by him, and some sent to east coast.  I met Mike in person as he was in Seattle (actually to get some of those books stolen and then sold to dealers in seattle), it was around august 2021. I paid for several tiers and they came back reasonable time and grades. Hawk 9 was a book pressed by him I believe. 

image.thumb.png.cfe1cf7028fb11dc4e164a83d0e890ac.png

1103231626461.jpg

Edited by Changer

On 6/26/2023 at 6:53 PM, Changer said:

I am not excusing anything bad that happened to other customers and feel sad that and his personal issues going on, just wanted to pass along my experience. I hope everyone is eventually made whole and Mike can get back on his feet. 

I did have some books pressed  several years ago by Mike, it was good service for me then. Some items were done by him, and some sent to east coast.  I met Mike in person as he was in Seattle for something, it was around august 2021. I paid for several tiers and they came back reasonable time and grades. Hawk 9 was a book pressed by him I believe. 

I did have another contact because legal team from them contacted me about a book (but luckily  decided not to send in but paperwork must have been still out there) as they had a robbery shortly later,. Obviously I did not file a claim on it. letter sent is below: 

image.thumb.png.cfe1cf7028fb11dc4e164a83d0e890ac.png

1103231626461.jpg

To be clear, they sent you that letter even though they didn’t actually have your book? I wonder if a claim was accidentally made on your book even if you did not make a claim? :eek:

On 6/26/2023 at 3:58 PM, CAHokie said:

To be clear, they sent you that letter even though they didn’t actually have your book? I wonder if a claim was accidentally made on your book even if you did not make a claim? :eek:

I had filled out a form but never sent in the book as after discussing with Mike on the phone seemed like it was pointless to press due to the stain. I forgot about the submission and months later was reached out to me because I had the book submission. I believe I wrote back lettting them know it was not in their box and not missing. 

Edited by Changer

One thing I should mention , he personally pressed most my books but only because he had them in hand (which was kinda what I hoped) ,

originally, I think he was going have me send most of them to east coast as that was part of his expansion. Sometimes expanding is a disastrous undertaking ,as tempting as it sounds, for many small business owners. 

Be careful for what you wish for, especially if its not your expertise (esp managing remotely). 

Edited by Changer

On 6/27/2023 at 7:02 AM, jharvey said:

Keep in mind the person who just got his AF15 back wasn't "made whole". His money was still stolen, even if he got his book back.

I was still considering that. I thought if I said it I would sound negative in light of the good news of NP getting his book back 

On 6/26/2023 at 1:12 PM, Lightning55 said:

We ship every week on Thursday. It gets there Tuesday. They open it by Friday and it's charged. I can't say they charge COMPLETELY in advance, as they did some of the work (open box, input submission) before charging. But toward the end of the process? No.

As a follow-up as to whether CGC charges up front, during the grading process, after the grading is completed, etc....

From their Terms of Service, Section 5:

Customer agrees to pay Company all Services fees at the time of submission. Prices for Services are subject to change. Prices on pre-printed paper Submission Forms are only current as of the date of printing, so Customer should confirm current prices on Company‘s web site. If payment is being made by credit card, Customer agrees that Company may charge all Services fees to the credit card upon receipt of the Submission Form. Unpaid balances shall accrue interest at the rate of 1.0% per month until paid. Customer hereby grants to Company a security interest in the collectibles submitted to secure payment of any Services fees. In addition to such security interest, Customer agrees that Company may hold any collectibles or other property submitted by Customer until Customer has paid in full all outstanding balances, regardless of whether such balances are related to such collectibles or other property.

https://www.cgccomics.com/legal/terms-and-conditions/

On 6/9/2023 at 4:52 PM, Kamenliter said:

Sounds very likely! Wish I could find other people that have been this situation. 

Hey I'm in this boat too...sent him an ultimate fallout 4 to press and send to cgc.  Comictom101 the big YouTube comic guy has books with him too.  And this other comic YouTube person named Swagglehaus just did a video that mentions this forum and hero. The second half . It's how I found this. Let's network on this and maybe with comictom influence we might get somewhere? Or try class action.  Here's the video link:

On 6/29/2023 at 9:50 PM, DonConnolly said:

Hey I'm in this boat too...sent him an ultimate fallout 4 to press and send to cgc.  Comictom101 the big YouTube comic guy has books with him too.  And this other comic YouTube person named Swagglehaus just did a video that mentions this forum and hero. The second half . It's how I found this. Let's network on this and maybe with comictom influence we might get somewhere? Or try class action.  Here's the video link:

Wow will check out the video. I’m sure there are still many people with books out. I think you just need to keep messaging him. I thankfully received my books back, as well as a few other people in this thread. Not their money back, though, if work to be done wasn’t started. I wish you the best.

On 6/29/2023 at 7:50 PM, DonConnolly said:

Welcome to the boards.  Sorry it's because of this situation.

On 6/30/2023 at 11:50 AM, DonConnolly said:

Sorry you haven't had your book returned. Let's hope it happens soon. You listening, Hero?