• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Important info regarding HotShotComics and his customers books at CGC
6 6

68 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Effective immediately, the membership account for Hotshotcomics / Asheville Comics / Douglas Cegelis (collectively, “Hotshotcomics”) has been terminated by CGC. If you have submitted comics to CGC through Hotshotcomics or if you have purchased presales of CGC-graded books from Hotshotcomics, and you believe those books are currently at CGC, please contact our Customer Service team at service@collectiblesgroup.com. You will be asked to fill out a claim form and provide purchase / submission documentation.

Since CGC was not a party to any transactions between individual collectors and Hotshotcomics, we cannot promise or guarantee any particular result. However, we will try to work with you (and with Hotshotcomics) to resolve your situation as best we can. CGC will not charge collectors for any books submitted or pre-purchased through Hotshotcomics if you can show that you are out-of-pocket. (We will not charge for shipping either.)

Please understand that we can only help to the extent the particular books are in our possession, i.e., actually submitted to CGC in the first place.

• Administrator
On 6/23/2023 at 8:41 PM, ExNihilo said:

This has been a long time coming, but glad to see there are finally consequences for the scam of a business they've been operating there.

When I get time, I will post links to this thread in all of the threads I can find, so we can get as many people's books to them as we can. 

• Administrator
On 6/23/2023 at 8:41 PM, ExNihilo said:

This has been a long time coming, but glad to see there are finally consequences for the scam of a business they've been operating there.

I've posted links this thread in these 4 threads.  If there is any other threads that should see this, please let me know.

On 6/24/2023 at 3:23 AM, DougC said:

This has besmirched the good name of Doug; the Council of Doug's will have to convene...

I do hope that in addition to this CGC will not allow Newshot Comics, owned by Douglisah in Asheville to create an account to conduct business as usual.

Being a Doug, I agree that we should be hosting a meeting to result actions of the Doug name defiling. The good name of Doug cannot handle the poor actions of both this man, hotshot Doug, and my father Doug… and hope to survive. 

I call on immediate action.