• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Important info regarding HotShotComics and his customers books at CGC
6 6

68 posts in this topic

On 6/23/2023 at 8:15 PM, CGC Mike said:

When I get time, I will post links to this thread in all of the threads I can find, so we can get as many people's books to them as we can. 

This is absolutely the best.  Kudos to CGC for doing what they can to make this right!

On 6/27/2023 at 6:36 PM, thehumantorch said:

Look overhead.....similar to Hero Restoration I would suspect.

I wonder what changed  for CGC to change it's stance on these guys?

Perhaps, as the HC excuse notes, no $ from HC to CGC to pay for services rendered. Granted, this may have been occurring for a period of time and, perhaps, a $ threshold was reached. Of course, as generally with any business, outside of those involved in illegal activities that will certainly likely collect one way or another, if you are not being paid for your services, preferably as established, you better quickly address that or you may very soon be a former business.

Edit: As Wombat notes.

Edited by Tec-Tac-Toe
To add comment.

On 6/27/2023 at 9:31 PM, Nick Furious said:

It would appear that half of the comic book industry is swimming naked at any given time.   As they say, we only see it when the tide goes out.   

Yikes. There’s an image.  

On 6/28/2023 at 4:24 PM, Lazyboy said:

Obviously because it's now directly affecting CGC rather than just random nobodies.

Well yea. (shrug)

You can get away with just paying your dealer bill and screwing over customers for a while which Hotshots is accused of before CGC would possibly get involved.  Especially since those pre-orders were sometimes 6-12 months in advance. That's also 6-12 months those customers were only contacting Hotshots, NOT CGC unfortunately for them.  CGC has nothing to do with Hotshots business model or lack thereof.  All they can do is make a judgement call after hearing from the general public if they want to continue allowing him to submit, or when Hotshots does not pay their dealer balance.  (edit) Also from what CGC Mike said below, help fellow collectors get their books back if they are still in house at CGC submitted under Hotshots dealer account.

Like the scene in Goodfellas, Hotshots has run our of store credit it seems...

YARN | ...when you can't borrow another buck or buy another case of  booze... | Goodfellas (1990) | Video gifs by quotes | 3c716c30 | 紗

Edited by NewWorldOrder

• Administrator

At CGC, we recently became aware of an Instagram post by Hotshotcomics blaming CGC for the delays its customers have experienced. This post is inaccurate, and we feel compelled to set the record straight.

Any delay in customers of Hotshotcomics / Asheville Comics / Douglas Cegelis (collectively, “Hotshotcomics”) receiving their books is not due to CGC. CGC is not a party to business transactions between individual collectors and Hotshotcomics. We only have visibility into what books Hotshotcomics has submitted to us and whether and to what extent Hotshotcomics has paid CGC for its services.

As publicly admitted by Hotshotcomics, its CGC account has a significant unpaid balance and is now in collections. Ask yourself this:  If you paid Hotshotcomics up front for presales, then why would Hotshotcomics have trouble paying CGC in the first place?

CGC only recently learned that numerous collectors have paid Hotshotcomics for presales and received nothing in return. Hotshotcomics’ debt to CGC notwithstanding, please know that CGC is committed to trying to resolve the situation for Hotshotcomics’ innocent customers.

Also, please understand that we can only help to the extent the particular books are in our possession, i.e., actually submitted to CGC in the first place. Matching up your submissions to Hotshotcomics with Hotshotcomics’ submissions to us will be an undertaking, particularly since Hotshotcomics has not provided any information about the buyers / owners of these books.

While CGC did not create this problem, we are trying our best to help solve it. We thank you in advance for your continued patience.

• Administrator
On 6/28/2023 at 4:25 PM, Mike Hammer said:

Hey, just wondering - after we send an email, how long should we wait to hear any sort of response? Just asking so I can make sure I didn't miss anything. Thanks!

I am not exactly sure at this time.  I believe it will be a fairly short wait.  Maybe 5 business days?  With that said, we will be closed July 3rd and 4th.  

On 6/28/2023 at 7:15 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Well yea. (shrug)

You can get away with just paying your dealer bill and screwing over customers for a while which Hotshots is accused of before CGC would possibly get involved.  Especially since those pre-orders were sometimes 6-12 months in advance. That's also 6-12 months those customers were only contacting Hotshots, NOT CGC unfortunately for them.  CGC has nothing to do with Hotshots business model or lack thereof.  All they can do is make a judgement call after hearing from the general public if they want to continue allowing him to submit, or when Hotshots does not pay their dealer balance.  (edit) Also from what CGC Mike said below, help fellow collectors get their books back if they are still in house at CGC submitted under Hotshots dealer account.

Like the scene in Goodfellas, Hotshots has run our of store credit it seems...

YARN | ...when you can't borrow another buck or buy another case of  booze... | Goodfellas (1990) | Video gifs by quotes | 3c716c30 | 紗

You bust the joint out.  You light a match.