• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bobby Blue GA, PCH, Timely's, Westerns $1 Million collection to auction
4 4

111 posts in this topic

On 8/23/2023 at 8:39 PM, Johnny545 said:

Dynamics Comics 8…

Yes INDEED..............now that certainly sold for a very very strong price of $45,138.65:  :whatthe:  :applause:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/1006340

dyn1.238.jpg

Especially considering that Heritage was able to fetch only $9,600 for their 3.0 graded copy (albeit with Slightly Brittle PQ) back in October of 2022. 

Maybe it was Vinnie's video where he mentioned that "it's in a 4.5 grade, the COLORS are 9.4" and that just might have been good enough to pull in deep pocketed bidders like our very own @tth2 who's into the 9.4's and above. :takeit: :sick:  lol

On 8/24/2023 at 1:16 AM, lou_fine said:

Yes INDEED..............now that certainly sold for a very very strong price of $45,138.65:  :whatthe:  :applause:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/1006340

dyn1.238.jpg

Especially considering that Heritage was able to fetch only $9,600 for their 3.0 graded copy (albeit with Slightly Brittle PQ) back in October of 2022. 

Maybe it was Vinnie's video where he mentioned that "it's in a 4.5 grade, the COLORS are 9.4" and that just might have been good enough to pull in deep pock8ed bidders like our very own @tth2 who's into the 9.4's and above. :takeit: :sick:  lol

It presented very well and Vincent did a good pitch

On 8/24/2023 at 9:43 AM, Johnny545 said:

Vincent has done a very good job promoting these books - is video on the JIM is an example.

Yes, although I don't know whey they went and compressed the size of these videos as compared to their previous auctions?  ???

On 8/23/2023 at 10:38 PM, C. Spaulding said:

37 - $19.5k

46 - $31.1k

I’m still in the game!  Thought the 46 would go for more.  I’m really hoping for a 1.5 restored copy at Baltimore :wishluck:

But seriously, I need that book.  Low grade and restored baby.

On 8/25/2023 at 12:45 AM, ThatNerdyCanuck said:

Can anyone ELI5 why this is a "collection" and not a "pedigree" 

Not sufficiently high quality, high grade, or keys.

On 8/25/2023 at 9:27 AM, october said:

Is Golden Age dead yet? I keep hearing that nobody cares about these comics anymore. 

I heard that only decrepit 98 year olds on the verge of death collect Golden Age. The collapse is imminent. 

On 8/25/2023 at 10:32 AM, Ryan. said:

I heard that only decrepit 98 year olds on the verge of death collect Golden Age. The collapse is imminent. 

Nobody, NOBODY, bought these off the newsstands. 

Window closed on yeeting the kids' 529 plans into Beeple NFTs. The future is here and I missed it driving my smelling old newsprint off the demographic cliff. 

On 8/25/2023 at 12:11 PM, october said:

Nobody, NOBODY, bought these off the newsstands. 

Window closed on yeeting the kids' 529 plans into Beeple NFTs. The future is here and I missed it driving my smelling old newsprint off the demographic cliff. 

I don't know what Beeple is but I'm sure it's stupid.