• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trouble with Comiclink Website?
10 10

266 posts in this topic

On 8/3/2023 at 5:57 PM, Dr Hfuhruhurr said:

I just bid on a comic and got this... however, the bid was accepted (I was immediately outbid by some elses max bid).

So things are still a bit flakey.  Proceed with caution!

Screenshot 2023-08-03 175219.jpg

Looks like your bid broke 'em again!

On 8/3/2023 at 2:57 PM, Dr Hfuhruhurr said:

I just bid on a comic and got this... however, the bid was accepted (I was immediately outbid by some elses max bid).

So things are still a bit flakey.  Proceed with caution!

Screenshot 2023-08-03 175219.jpg

Oh yah… someone definitely gave the green light on some freshly untested code. 

On 8/3/2023 at 6:16 PM, ComicsAndCode said:

image.jpeg.6ecabc9876a9fbdda4b4245a74df48d5.jpeg

Anyone in an 'Internet Space" for a  large enough firm will find that hysterical especially if a regulated industry !  

I could tell you some stories from when i was just starting out 20 years back  :)

Edited by MAR1979

On 8/3/2023 at 12:40 PM, justafan said:

It might be best to change any other account passwords on any other sites that use the same credentials you used with clink. It may also be a good idea to freeze or have new cc issued for any cards you had on file with them and monitor them for any unauthorized charges or activity.

At this point, you have to assume the worst. If it was an xss attack, that often targets the end user of a site or application meaning your computer or browser could be compromised as well if not up to date/patched.  Run a full system AV scan and uninstall/reinstall your the browsers you used to navigate to the site. Apply any patches or updates to your OS.

Don't wait for them to advise you or notify you. Companies often have to resolve issues internally and clear statements with lawyers and law enforcement before sending out notifications to customers.

Solid and Sound Advice!

I never ever use a password on more than a single site and use unique names, as well as MFA where available. Still I generally only use 1 of 6 different email ID's for most sites...

Edited by MAR1979

On 8/3/2023 at 3:09 PM, Telegan said:

Not to be nosey, but would you mind sharing if it was a GA, SA, BA, etc. comic?  I've seen some comics go for seemingly ridiculously low bids on HA and other sites, too, so it's not just you.  The ones I recall seeing weren't big issues or anything (like Action #1, Tec #27, etc), but still far below current sales on GPA.

It was a Batman Australian edition so maybe the market wasn´t very exited for it. Anyway i already got a mail from them telling me that they don´t think that the monday auction was affected