• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Collectors Can Now Text CCG Customer Service
1 1

21 posts in this topic

• Administrator

CCG

14ccc551-7e7f-4f8e-9561-3bf822f9c584.jpg

Collectors Can Now Text CCG Customer Service

The Certified Collectibles Group is excited to announce that collectors and dealers can now text message Customer Service when they have a question or need help with a submission. The number to text is the same as CCG’s toll-free number: (+1) 855-GRADE10.

With SMS messaging, the CCG companies look forward to offering a faster and more convenient way to reach our Customer Service team. Recognizing that many people prefer the immediacy of texting over receiving emails and/or phone calls, CCG made this upgrade as the latest of many initiatives to provide the best customer service in the collectibles industry. For example, CCG also recently extended its Customer Service hours from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday.

These and other updates related to optimization and technology have greatly improved CCG Customer Service over the last several months, and now CCG is proud to score above industry metrics in customer service.

Learn more

Please note that message and data rates may apply for text messages.

This is great news! Unfortunately, I attempted this method of communication last week and was unable to receive messages back. I hope this will be fixed soon and I understand this is in the early stages. I can already imagine this being a great new way of communicating with you guys at CGC. Y'all are the best. Thank you!

On 8/21/2023 at 11:18 PM, Darth Yoda said:

This is great news! Unfortunately, I attempted this method of communication last week and was unable to receive messages back. I hope this will be fixed soon and I understand this is in the early stages. I can already imagine this being a great new way of communicating with you guys at CGC. Y'all are the best. Thank you!

I tried this as well, also could not receive texts back.

However Nicki O. took the initiative and emailed me when I think she realized it… I had a thorough reply very quickly @CGC Mike

Checked my phone settings and cannot explain why I could not receive the texts. 

Edited by Iconic1s

• Administrator
On 8/22/2023 at 8:35 AM, Iconic1s said:

I tried this as well, also could not receive texts back.

However Nicki O. took the initiative and emailed me when I think she realized it… I had a thorough reply very quickly @CGC Mike

Did Nicki O say that a text was sent?

• Administrator

Here is what I was told:

Hi Mike,

Yes, apparently some wireless carriers are blocking toll-free SMS.  There is a new thing in place that requires additional registration from companies to prevent a lot of marketing messages.  We launched right in the middle of the companies blocking these, so even though we aren’t doing marketing messages we believe that is why some of the carriers are blocking so we are going through the additional registration process.  Not all companies are blocking them and we don’t know for sure who is and who isn’t so if we don’t get a response from the customer, then we are proactively emailing them.  Should be resolved soon.

• Administrator
On 11/7/2023 at 5:29 PM, avidcollector80 said:

Is this a mistake?  Sorry I don't text (i still use landlines).  Please review scans on the CGC certification board and let me know if this is possible to still be a 9.8.  Thanks

Hi

You can start a thread in the Ask CGC section and a customer service rep will assist you.  Here is a link to that forum.

Mike

https://boards.cgccomics.com/forum/23-ask-cgc/

• Administrator
On 1/9/2024 at 3:48 PM, Gavin Crawford said:

Cool!  I just added that number to my contact list.  I don't suppose we can text a photo with a graded-related question???

I think so.  To be sure, you could post the question in the Ask CGC section, and a CS rep will know for sure.

On 3/22/2024 at 6:07 PM, CGC Mike said:

Sorry to hear that.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

Sorry I think it was just me , i am texting from Mexico so it was something about my mobile plan. 

Edited by Mijael.Levy