• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art Adams CGC Signing
8 8

290 posts in this topic

I have three blanks no movement either so must be in that last 100.  I did get them in to CGC just a few days before deadline so it’s probably among the last 20 or 30 books submitted.

I also have one book remaining. I sent in a total of 4 together. No blank covers (unfortunately). I received one in December, got two more last week and now just waiting on the one. The 3 that Mr. Adams did are all wonderful!! It's just strange that books all sent in and grouped together got split up somehow.

That is definitely odd to have an order shipped together split up. Normally only times they split up an order is if some books are getting pressed and others aren't, or if you are getting one of the special labels on some but not all. And Melanrus, I honestly don't know how they get the books to the artist and in what order, but I can say for sure it's not in the order they received them. For the last McFarlane signing, my books got to them a month and a half to two months before the deadline, and my books got signed in the third and final wave. And in the forums, there were people who said their books got to CGC either the day before, or the day of the deadline, and they were in wave 1. So, they got their books back months before I got mine, when mine got to CGC close to 2 months sooner. Not complaining, as I have gotten over it by now. Just sharing. (:

I got mine back yesterday. And I am very happy with the remark itself. But the grade was much lower then it should've been based upon the condition when it was sent to them. I got it pressed before shipping and condition wise should've been in the 9's. But it came back as an 8. So, either it got beat up in the extra unadvertised travel, or the copy I got back wasn't the one I sent in. Oh well, I did get a pretty amazing Mojo remark on Longshot #1. And hopefully with a press when I eventually add Ann Nocenti it will move back up grade wise. But this experience will definitely makes me more hesitant to send them anything with actual real value for the "In House" signings. 

On 4/11/2024 at 7:13 AM, Skippeydoo said:

I got mine back yesterday. And I am very happy with the remark itself. But the grade was much lower then it should've been based upon the condition when it was sent to them. I got it pressed before shipping and condition wise should've been in the 9's. But it came back as an 8. So, either it got beat up in the extra unadvertised travel, or the copy I got back wasn't the one I sent in. Oh well, I did get a pretty amazing Mojo remark on Longshot #1. And hopefully with a press when I eventually add Ann Nocenti it will move back up grade wise. But this experience will definitely makes me more hesitant to send them anything with actual real value for the "In House" signings. 

Mine left a 9.6 and came back a 9.6, but it was slabbed to begin with.

On 4/11/2024 at 12:23 PM, Funko Doom said:

Thanks to CGC and Art Adams for the sketches! for those still tracking these were done 03/21/24 per the dated sig.

phoenixart.jpeg.51c38687f794d6f3af2e02afea9e75b9.jpeg doomart.jpeg.73e2c8333b26ccc326fbdb89c35331b9.jpeg

I would almost take that Phoenix to a show and ask him what it would cost to have him do waist to collar bone and make it a half-body sketch. Looks great either way!

On 4/11/2024 at 8:13 AM, Skippeydoo said:

Sorry to hear that. It does sound unusual as the majority of everything I've sen have been 9.8's. 

Would love to see a pic of the Mojo. 

On 4/11/2024 at 11:02 PM, melanrus said:

May not be your Longshot #1 book, but the GREATEST MOJO Remarque sketch.  Hollleeee !  

I agree. Grade was much lower then I thought it should be when I sent it, but I can't complain at all about the remark I got back!! So, can't complain too much!