• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art Adams CGC Signing
8 8

290 posts in this topic

On 2/9/2024 at 6:29 AM, Kamenliter said:
Here's Pt. 2 of the CGC signing event sketch covers which have shown up so far. These were drawn in November and December 2023. I've cheated (so I could fill it up evenly!) with two covers drawn at NC Comiccon in November (Wolverine and Rogue, last two on line five) plus a Godzilla sketch cover (very last image bottom right) from this past weekend at Megacon in Florida.
*Note that I haven't included what I consider true remarques, the sketches drawn on published covers.

arthur adams-CGC SKETCH COVERS COMPILATION-NOVEMBER-DECEMBER 2023.jpg

The last Godzilla is mine. 🙂

On 2/15/2024 at 6:03 PM, Hisestate said:

My books were submitted back in June... should I be worried that they are still in the 'scheduled for grading' status or is that where a lot of orders are still stuck at?

No need to worry. That’s where everyone’s books are (or received at CCS). Arthur’s rep said they hope to have the majority of the books back to CGC by the end of the month, so fingers crossed yours (and mine!) are in that batch and the books graded shortly after. Hopefully most folks get their books back by mid-late March. 

On 2/15/2024 at 5:03 PM, Hisestate said:

My books were submitted back in June... should I be worried that they are still in the 'scheduled for grading' status or is that where a lot of orders are still stuck at?

If it helps, I'm in the same boat. CGC received my books in July. Current status shows received at CCS. Seems like there's been high demand and Art Adams is doing some extra-effort work (at least compared to some other artists) on sketches and remarques. 

On 2/9/2024 at 3:27 AM, Kamenliter said:

I put together a couple of compilations of the CGC sketch covers from the official signing event that Arthur has done so far (well, at least the ones that have shown up on social media). I've posted them (for the most part) in chronological order of when they were drawn (or at least finished). Here's Pt. 1 which incudes covers that were drawn in September.

arthur adams-CGC SKETCH COVERS COMPILATION-SEPTEMBER.jpg

That Wolverine on the 2nd row with a small piece of hair showing is closing on ebay today, currently at $810.

On 2/20/2024 at 1:56 PM, boomtown said:

That Wolverine on the 2nd row with a small piece of hair showing is closing on ebay today, currently at $810.

Apparently most of these were sent in by one person with the intent to flip. Because of this individual_without_enough_empathy I can almost guarantee next signing will have a limit, and blank sketches will be far more expensive. 

Really is fun waiting months and months, and then getting screwed over next signing because of cgc mess policies and this individual_without_enough_empathy. I guess me for sending in books he worked on and I liked. Shoulda sent in a bunch of blanks to flip. 

On 2/20/2024 at 5:30 PM, Maboc said:

Apparently most of these were sent in by one person with the intent to flip. Because of this individual_without_enough_empathy I can almost guarantee next signing will have a limit, and blank sketches will be far more expensive. 

Really is fun waiting months and months, and then getting screwed over next signing because of cgc mess policies and this individual_without_enough_empathy. I guess me for sending in books he worked on and I liked. Shoulda sent in a bunch of blanks to flip. 

It really is a shame that he keeps flipping the books..I have no idea how many he sent in but it seems like a lot..and Arthur basically said it’s testing his patience and generosity. Would suck for the rest of us to not get the same level of quality but I don’t think Arthur would skimp at this point. But just the fact that he’s gotten so many already while the rest of us wait is a bit annoying. Nothing at all on Arthur - it’s all this individual gaming the system I guess you could say. I’m sure we’ll all be more than happy when we do get our books back, but yeah the next time will not be the same.

On 2/20/2024 at 7:46 PM, Kamenliter said:

It really is a shame that he keeps flipping the books..I have no idea how many he sent in but it seems like a lot..and Arthur basically said it’s testing his patience and generosity. Would suck for the rest of us to not get the same level of quality but I don’t think Arthur would skimp at this point. But just the fact that he’s gotten so many already while the rest of us wait is a bit annoying. Nothing at all on Arthur - it’s all this individual gaming the system I guess you could say. I’m sure we’ll all be more than happy when we do get our books back, but yeah the next time will not be the same.

I would almost defend if he was a fan, and yet, no wonder art didn't get them all done in one sitting 😭

I don't even have any skin in the game and feel the tug of war lol

When the sketches were posted I thought and posted they were nicely done, who knew the majority were for an individual.

Idk part of me wants to say that is the luck of the draw, or especially that he is probably not the only one doh!

Which would be laughable for fans to have respected Art as an artist so much, if it didn't turn out this way and so on.

Rooting for you guys, I know the fans will make their voices heard. Like recently with CGC I can only hope that Art, if he responded personally, doesn't over correct 💯

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Some of the more recent signings where remarks were offered, but no sketches, CGC has been putting no blank covers. I bet this becomes a regular thing due to the abuse by some people during Art's signing. If Art even does another signing after this mess, I'd bet that his remark costs go up significantly and that Blanks will not be allowed. 

On 2/21/2024 at 8:50 AM, Skippeydoo said:

Some of the more recent signings where remarks were offered, but no sketches, CGC has been putting no blank covers. I bet this becomes a regular thing due to the abuse by some people during Art's signing. If Art even does another signing after this mess, I'd bet that his remark costs go up significantly and that Blanks will not be allowed. 

ya....

I said I had no "skin in the game."

I just remembered that he is attending a nearby comic con here in June. With all the gloriousness, I was thinking maybe doing a sketch if the mood struck. Hope it doesn't turn into burn out :sorry: 

12 sketch covers have been sold on ebay since the beginning of December. 10 of them coming from the same seller. It's pretty vile how one person has single handedly managed to upset Arthur, everyone else who sent in books, and still profited thousands upon thousands off the hard work and generosity of Arthur. They have also managed to get policies changed, so that next signing, we won't be able to send in sketch covers. I was hoping to send one in for the next signing seeing how amazing all of these are turning out, but why would One Stop Comic Shop be punished, when others can be harmed instead.

On 2/21/2024 at 4:43 PM, Maboc said:

12 sketch covers have been sold on ebay since the beginning of December. 10 of them coming from the same seller. It's pretty vile how one person has single handedly managed to upset Arthur, everyone else who sent in books, and still profited thousands upon thousands off the hard work and generosity of Arthur. They have also managed to get policies changed, so that next signing, we won't be able to send in sketch covers. I was hoping to send one in for the next signing seeing how amazing all of these are turning out, but why would One Stop Comic Shop be punished, when others can be harmed instead.

I think they'll still have a signing with sketch covers, just that the prices will be more and likely a limit on how many they'll be accepting overall. It truly is a shame that one person has gotten so many and is flipping them. Sad, really for all the true fans that just want them for their own collections. 

I think for blank covers next time, Arthur will use his convention sketch pricing for blanks.  $250 for 15 min sketch and $500 for a 30 min sketch (close to what the blanks he has done thus far look).  I believe reg cover remarques will stay the same or go up 10 or 20.

I think that dealer selling the Adams blank variiants on Ebay who sent in 45, 60 or even more for the signing, probably did so because the 1st Adams signing in 2021, i think they limited  remarques to the first 100?  books in for that option.  And the people who sent in blanks in 2021 got a much nicer 5 minute sketch than a remarqured comic cover.  

Perhaps he tried to grab as many spots early as possible which is also why the majority of the sketch cover remarques have been his.

Still, i hope Arthur finishes these remarques for all of us soon, just a few months from a one year anniversary sending in books.

Edited by melanrus

What worries me about the books I sent in is that I sent them through a dealer in town instead of sending them in directly. Turned out my three were all that store wound up sending in. He didn't even send in any for the store. With the fact that all these being sold by a dealer, is Arthur going to see these from a dealer and not put effort into them because he thinks they are just going to be put up for re-sale? I can tell you right now that Princess Leia, Wonder Woman and Catwoman won't be leaving my collection anytime soon if they are the same quality as the others. Just crossing my fingers at this point.

On 3/1/2024 at 9:37 AM, Mayor006 said:

What worries me about the books I sent in is that I sent them through a dealer in town instead of sending them in directly. Turned out my three were all that store wound up sending in. He didn't even send in any for the store. With the fact that all these being sold by a dealer, is Arthur going to see these from a dealer and not put effort into them because he thinks they are just going to be put up for re-sale? I can tell you right now that Princess Leia, Wonder Woman and Catwoman won't be leaving my collection anytime soon if they are the same quality as the others. Just crossing my fingers at this point.

I don't think Arthur knows what comics come from where. He's just handed the comics in their window bags, pretty sure. I think he'll continue the quality he's been doing as it wouldn't be fair for the rest of us who only want the art for our collections, after he's put so much work into the others, which, sadly, a good number of them are just for flipping. Looking forward to seeing yours when you get them - please post them when you do!