• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art Adams CGC Signing
8 8

290 posts in this topic

On 3/12/2024 at 6:02 PM, BOS said:

Finally got in 2 of the 4 books that I sent in. Absolutely pleased with Mr. Adams work!! Gorgeous art. Only issue I have is both cases that CGC sent are scratched/scuffed terribly. 

20240312_145118.jpg

20240312_145156.jpg

Awesome! But sorry about the scratched cases...CGC should reencapsulate them for free, I'd think.

To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. I was worried after seeing the Magick one, but was starting to feel a bit better when I started seeing all the others come back. Even ones on darker covers were done with effort, or fully coloured in to contrast the dark background. It is not bad, not by a long shot, it just doesn't seem to have the same love and effort put into it as others.

On top of the long wait, getting a perceived lower effort remarque, this isn't even the book I sent in! I sent in a virgin cover, and am getting back a trade dress, there is a fairly substantial price difference between them.

Art Gwen.jpg

On 3/13/2024 at 1:12 PM, Maboc said:

this isn't even the book I sent in! I sent in a virgin cover, and am getting back a trade dress, there is a fairly substantial price difference between them.

Art Gwen.jpg

@CGC Mike wasn't even the book he sent in? Not exactly a new boardie, but idk if I'm tattling or if they're fine with it, but the  submission should be rectified as it isnt good for business  :cheers:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

• Administrator
On 3/13/2024 at 2:12 PM, Maboc said:

On top of the long wait, getting a perceived lower effort remarque, this isn't even the book I sent in! I sent in a virgin cover, and am getting back a trade dress, there is a fairly substantial price difference between them.

Hi

I am sorry this has happened.  If you would like my assistance, please PM me your customer id and submission number.

Mike

I have had the day to reflect, and my critical post was made with a knee jerk reaction and not thought out. It was not quite what I was expecting after seeing everything else that has come out in the past few months. Coupled with the long wait time, and it being the wrong book I was simply frustrated. I do really like them, it will go well with my Gwen with headphones remarques from various artists. I meant no disrespect to Arthur at all, and I am sure CGC will do everything they can to try and find my book.

I apologize for being so harsh to both Arthur, and the CGC team. I know they are both doing their best. 

On 3/14/2024 at 1:12 PM, Mayor006 said:

Well check mine off the list as well. I got a call from the shop and drove straight there during my lunch break. For all the wait time these really were worth it. Every bit. Thanks @CGC Mike for the updates along the way and a big thank you to Arthur Adams. Hope I can catch you at a convention soon and tell you how much I love these.

AAdams - Black Cat.jpg

AAdams - WW.jpg

AAdams - Leia.jpg

Beautiful - congrats! 

Do we know that all the remarques have been completed and returned by Mr. Adams?  I am still waiting for my single, non-blank remarque submission to have any movement, and am both frustrated and excited at the same time.  Thanks! 

On 3/15/2024 at 1:05 PM, sman113 said:

Do we know that all the remarques have been completed and returned by Mr. Adams?  I am still waiting for my single, non-blank remarque submission to have any movement, and am both frustrated and excited at the same time.  Thanks! 

I'm still waiting on mine .... 

On 3/15/2024 at 2:05 PM, sman113 said:

As far as I know, they’ve all been completed. Maybe not? 

Edited by Kamenliter