• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art Adams CGC Signing
8 8

290 posts in this topic

On 1/6/2024 at 3:29 PM, Maboc said:

I can already tell this is gonna be a fun next couple of months. Where everyone who sent in blanks is getting their $500+ works back, and the rest of us will wait for months, or maybe another year before we see anything back. It's gonna feel extra bad when, for his next signing, they don't allow blanks because of this mess.

I tell you what!

A complete sentence in Texas  :shy:

But I feel like I wish that I had sent in for this one, and that I had been daring enough to send a blank as well doh!

I take it, it isn't allowed but gets by, and I expect these to be amazing, but like you said will make me feel as though I've missed OUT. So much so that I still might not be as daring next time doh! either

Juxtaposition in a catch 22

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Posted (edited)

In other news, my 10 book remarques submission (NB. regular comic books, not blank sketch copies) are finally back with CGC and in for grading.

Line Item: 001
Comic Description: Classic X-Men 1 9/86 Marvel Comics
Line Item: 002
Comic Description: Longshot 3 11/85 Marvel Comics
Line Item: 003
Comic Description: X-Men Annual 10 1986 Marvel Comics
Line Item: 004
Line Item: 005
Comic Description: Batman 400 10/86 D.C. Comics
Line Item: 006
Comic Description: Classic X-Men 3 11/86 Marvel Comics
Line Item: 007
Comic Description: Marvel Age Annual 4 1988 Marvel Comics
Line Item: 008
Comic Description: Gumby's Winter Fun Special 1 12/88 Comico
Line Item: 009
Comic Description: Gumby's Summer Fun Special 1 7/87 Comico
Line Item: 010
Comic Description: Godzilla Color Special 1 Summer 1992 Dark Horse Comics

This will be interesting, not particularly confident on the grades, especially given the aforementioned challenges with this signing.

Edited by Still Only 35c

On 1/8/2024 at 6:09 AM, Still Only 35c said:

In other news, my 10 book remarques submission (NB. regular comic books, not blank sketch copies) are finally back with CGC and in for grading.

Line Item: 001
Comic Description: Classic X-Men 1 9/86 Marvel Comics
Line Item: 002
Comic Description: Longshot 3 11/85 Marvel Comics
Line Item: 003
Line Item: 004
Line Item: 005
Comic Description: Batman 400 10/86 D.C. Comics
Line Item: 006
Comic Description: Classic X-Men 3 11/86 Marvel Comics
Line Item: 007
Comic Description: Marvel Age Annual 4 1988 Marvel Comics
Line Item: 008
Comic Description: Gumby's Winter Fun Special 1 12/88 Comico
Line Item: 009
Comic Description: Gumby's Summer Fun Special 1 7/87 Comico
Line Item: 010
Comic Description: Godzilla Color Special 1 Summer 1992 Dark Horse Comics

This will be interesting, not particularly confident on the grades, especially given the aforementioned challenges with this signing.

I think they go a little easier on the grading for these.

More remarques are coming back. It feels so bad seeing how badly those of us that didn't send in blanks are getting fuxed.  We have to wait longer, and seemingly, getting the bate minimum of effort. I guess that's on me. Why would I want something that Art worked on, when I could get a blank cover with a full $500 commission piece. This is such a awful experience. Just look at the difference in quality from the blank, to the actual remarque. 

Screenshot_20240114_120359_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20240114_120508_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20240114_120554_Facebook.jpg

FB_IMG_1705259719324.jpg

Screenshot_20240114_120522_Facebook.jpg

On 1/14/2024 at 3:14 PM, Maboc said:

More remarques are coming back. It feels so bad seeing how badly those of us that didn't send in blanks are getting fuxed.  We have to wait longer, and seemingly, getting the bate minimum of effort. I guess that's on me. Why would I want something that Art worked on, when I could get a blank cover with a full $500 commission piece. This is such a awful experience. Just look at the difference in quality from the blank, to the actual remarque. 

Screenshot_20240114_120359_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20240114_120508_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20240114_120554_Facebook.jpg

FB_IMG_1705259719324.jpg

Screenshot_20240114_120522_Facebook.jpg

That Magik remarque is a bad example - he had to draw on black for one...so far, though. I've only seen three 'remarques' (and 58 blank covers) - the Magik, a Longshot (where he had to stick his head into a tiny space) and this awesome Creature From The Black Lagoon, where he went to color. I've said it before and I don't think you can blame Arthur or anyone for not sending in blanks. All the info was out there - examples from his past signing in 2019, the two examples shown on the announcement  for this signing...if someone didn't find that those were worth $130 then I don't know what to say, because in my eyes even those sample sketches were above and beyond what anyone could expect for that price. Especially when you compare the hundreds charged by guys like Jason Fabook or Jim Lee, etc for literally profile doodles. 

arthur adams-creature from the black lagoon-color remarque-11-27-2023-.jpg

On 1/15/2024 at 1:52 PM, Kamenliter said:

That Magik remarque is a bad example - he had to draw on black for one...so far, though. I've only seen three 'remarques' (and 58 blank covers) - the Magik, a Longshot (where he had to stick his head into a tiny space) and this awesome Creature From The Black Lagoon, where he went to color. I've said it before and I don't think you can blame Arthur or anyone for not sending in blanks. All the info was out there - examples from his past signing in 2019, the two examples shown on the announcement  for this signing...if someone didn't find that those were worth $130 then I don't know what to say, because in my eyes even those sample sketches were above and beyond what anyone could expect for that price. Especially when you compare the hundreds charged by guys like Jason Fabook or Jim Lee, etc for literally profile doodles. 

arthur adams-creature from the black lagoon-color remarque-11-27-2023-.jpg

That Creature is awesome. My fingers are crossed for my remarques especially the Godzilla, Gumby and Pokey ones.

On 1/19/2024 at 1:43 PM, Still Only 35c said:

My books FINALLY shipped today :banana:

Congrats!  What did you end up getting if you don't mind me asking?  My one slabbed 9.8 Longshot #1 is still hanging out at CCS seven months later.  I haven't sent anything else is since then, still bothers me that I had to come here for any info and they couldn't be bothered to send us an e-mail or any type of notification.  

On 1/20/2024 at 7:58 AM, Miketaylorwork said:

Congrats!  What did you end up getting if you don't mind me asking?  My one slabbed 9.8 Longshot #1 is still hanging out at CCS seven months later.  I haven't sent anything else is since then, still bothers me that I had to come here for any info and they couldn't be bothered to send us an e-mail or any type of notification.  

Thanks. Haven't looked at the grades yet, but will post once I do the Unboxing; trying to keep as a surprise especially with how the Remarques turned out.

On 1/30/2024 at 3:24 PM, Kamenliter said:

Here are few recent ones that have shown up. 

arthur adams-storm cgc sketch cover-12-7-2023.png

arthur adams-magik cgc sketch cover-12-6-2023.png

arthur adams-magneto cgc sketch cover-12-6-2023.png

arthur adams-sentinel cgc sketch cover-12-6-2023.png

arthur adams-juggernaut cgc sketch cover-12-6-2023.png

arthur adams-mojo cgc sketch cover-12-6-2023.png

arthur adams-black queen cgc sketcj cover-12-6-2023.png

Again the Phoenix is awesome! Juggernaut is still in expressive piece. Storms mohawk is on tilt, and mojo is looking glutenous.

Although that sentinel stands out as a bright spot, I'm not sure if just the best scammer in the world, but looks three d or to jump off the page!

:whee: