• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art Adams CGC Signing
8 8

290 posts in this topic

On 9/18/2023 at 7:27 PM, CGC Mike said:

I have requested that I be given the info for each private signing that happens in the future.  I will start and sticky the threads at the top like before.  I will do my best to find out the answers of the questions for each signing..

No worries @CGC Mike I know there are a lot of them, would be too many single questions, so threads plural sounds great! Glad there is a plan :)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 9/23/2023 at 8:56 AM, Phrawst said:

Support replied with "we ran out of time and need to reschedule a time to do the rest. Our turn around times aren't gaurenteed." 

Weak.

I figured they still didn’t even have a date set for this. Oh well. Hopefully before the end of the year. And maybe a fast track to get graded once they are done. 

I’m glad i got a bunch of remarques this time, Arthur is bargain priced for his remarques and i doubt he will do many again after this extend3d delayed signing.   I bet his next signing will have a limited number of remarque spots and a higher price too, if him and cgc ever want to partner up for another signing.

Even i have to wait until early next year, i know i’m going to appreciate his efforts with the remarques.  My gratitude Arthur, for the sketches.

Edited by melanrus

Considering Mr Adams just delivered over ten, $2500 commissions for this past weekends NYCC, i’d say there isnt ny update yet as he’s probably spent the last few weeks doing those commissions.  I am hopeful still we might get these by the end of the year since there are only a few conventions left he is attending this year.

On 10/18/2023 at 7:29 AM, melanrus said:

Considering Mr Adams just delivered over ten, $2500 commissions for this past weekends NYCC, i’d say there isnt ny update yet as he’s probably spent the last few weeks doing those commissions.  I am hopeful still we might get these by the end of the year since there are only a few conventions left he is attending this year.

One can hope!

• Administrator

Here is what I was told:

Art Adams received a record-breaking amount of Remarques for his signing and he has been extremely busy with shows and deadlines. We are working with Art so that he can provide each fan with amazing quality Remarques. While we don’t have an exact date yet for when all Remarques will be finished, we hope to have one very soon. If you find that waiting is not an option, we are more than happy to provide a refund. Please reach out to signatureseries@cgccomics.com for any refund requests or additional inquiries.

On 9/8/2023 at 4:25 AM, melanrus said:

I've seen at least 10 slabs people have got back from this signing for sale or posted online already in the past near two weeks now. just signed, no remarques.  all dated 7/29.   a person above said they got their signed Adams  books back LAST MONTH, on the 25th of August.  

I assume Arthur did one day of signing books only and plans to come back for 1 or more day of doing remarques.  Hopefully this year we will get our remarqued books back.  

Still, it would be nice if CGC would know and post proper information about a signing so i'm not misinformed by them (see above posts) that my books will ship by perhaps mid-September when in reality, the signing for remarques hasnt even taken place and its going to be at least 6-8 weeks longer waiting to see them ship.

I am having the same experience with Dan Jurgens remarque.  Still don’t have mine back.  Still just “received at CCS.”  I have already purchased books other people have gotten back from this same signing.

First told the books were done…

Was then told “a few weren’t done.”

Then told plans had been made to get them done “in the next month.”  Didn’t happen.

Now am told the books were “sent to Dan” to finish… still no movement.

Remarques were limited and honestly CGC should not have oversold the signing if there wasn’t going to be enough time to get them all done.

Now I fear that my one Gaiman book (signature only) may have suffered the same fate as it has not moved an inch past received at CCS even after the signing “supposedly” was completed per IG.  Note, Gaiman did a video signing his own books so I sure hope he signed every paying customer’s first!

@CGC Mike here’s the info and I’d truly appreciate any help you can provide!  Thank you!

IMG_2201.thumb.jpeg.d65e6b8ff9d4abc1753a2d5ccfb5f401.jpeg

Edited by Iconic1s