• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would you buy a Conserved Golden age Comic book.? Looking for opinions
4 4

78 posts in this topic

If this book is raw, and is an expensive book, it brings up the question of whether it is “worth it” to get it slabbed.

CGC is charging what- 3% of FMV?- to slab expensive books. I imagine that is a deterrent to getting some books slabbed. I really don’t get that pricing policy; it’s not as if it costs them extra to grade an expensive book. 

When it comes to GA, I'll buy Conserved, Color Touch, Married and I am currently weighing Trimmed - if it's not too severe. If there's only a few hundred of these books still in existence, I'm learning not to be too picky. I started leaning towards this attitude after reading 'Do Not Sell At Any Price' which is about the world's rarest records, and how some music only exists on lone records in people's collections.

On 10/16/2023 at 1:52 PM, action1kid said:

In this case it’s a conserved Pedigree. 
my understanding is that a Pedigree that is conserved does not qualify for the new  Pedigree label

I'm guessing CGC is too lazy to make a gold Pedigree label with the grey top edge, even though they've done it for conserved/signature series.  They've had too many problems combining labels. 

On 10/16/2023 at 1:28 PM, Dr. Balls said:

When it comes to GA, I'll buy Conserved, Color Touch, Married and I am currently weighing Trimmed - if it's not too severe. If there's only a few hundred of these books still in existence, I'm learning not to be too picky. I started leaning towards this attitude after reading 'Do Not Sell At Any Price' which is about the world's rarest records, and how some music only exists on lone records in people's collections.

ImpossibleHandyFugu-max-1mb.gif.bb8c9933994d0a31c5891d7c88a0e147.gif