• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hero Restoration, Anyone know the latest?
24 24

1,357 posts in this topic

On 12/8/2023 at 3:52 PM, Steviehuv66 said:

Probably a dead end.

At least you have an actual person on the other end of the line.  You might could inquire if she would be able to serve as the point person for anyone else wishing to file a complaint with her agency.  Even if asking nicely ultimately goes nowhere, it's one more step that all the victims can show of trying to resolve this matter outside of the criminal justice system.  It only reflects badly on Hero's in the end, and she might even be able to refer you all to a specific law enforcement official with jurisdiction over this.

On 12/8/2023 at 3:49 PM, Steviehuv66 said:

I did file a claim through the Oregon Department of Justice and they contacted me today via email.  They attached a letter to the email.  See below.

image.thumb.jpeg.fd2fbff2aa2f932deb83d43c0470a7a3.jpeg

Wasn’t that LLC dissolved and another one set up already? So should a complaint be made against the new one? 

edit: a post on page 12 links to the filing (HRC OREGON LLC)

Edited by flchris

On 12/8/2023 at 9:12 PM, flchris said:

Wasn’t that LLC dissolved and another one set up already? So should a complaint be made against the new one? 

edit: a post on page 12 links to the filing (HRC OREGON LLC)

Thanks.  I will call the contact on the letter to advise her of the other victims and the other LLC.  

On 12/8/2023 at 1:49 PM, Steviehuv66 said:

I did file a claim through the Oregon Department of Justice and they contacted me today via email.  They attached a letter to the email.  See below.

image.thumb.jpeg.fd2fbff2aa2f932deb83d43c0470a7a3.jpeg

I'd probably send this person a list of all aggrieved parties that we're aware of along with estimated dollar amounts.  Something I know others were trying to collate in this thread.  They might not be able to do much for one person, but I imagine if you can show that there are a number of aggrieved parties with assets totaling in the hundreds of thousands, they might take this more seriously or assign it to someone willing to take on your case.

I don't have any skin in the game. I feel awful for everyone who has books and/or money tied up in this mess.

My two cents: I wouldn't call the local news. I'm not sure how many criminals watch the late night news but I also wouldn't want to advertise the value of goods potentially in this guy's home, who may/may not be frequenting doctors and/or a hospital.

I wouldn't continue to discuss possible legal ramifications, strategies, etc. Maybe it's nothing, but I would be concerned this thread would save his lawyer some leg work. (I could be wrong here, but I wouldn't want to give any assistance at all to his legal aid).

Find a point person, get as complete a list of names, dollar amounts and books that you can, send that point person bourbon, comics, etc., let the point person run a summary up whatever flagpole it needs to be (local, state, fed), wait.

I hope everyone gets full remediation plus a pain and aggravation bonus. If this guy has health issues, I hope they clear up. It seems that even if they do, he's got some bigger issues to deal with ahead.

On 12/9/2023 at 2:01 PM, jas1vans said:

I don't have any skin in the game. I feel awful for everyone who has books and/or money tied up in this mess.

My two cents: I wouldn't call the local news. I'm not sure how many criminals watch the late night news but I also wouldn't want to advertise the value of goods potentially in this guy's home, who may/may not be frequenting doctors and/or a hospital.

I wouldn't continue to discuss possible legal ramifications, strategies, etc. Maybe it's nothing, but I would be concerned this thread would save his lawyer some leg work. (I could be wrong here, but I wouldn't want to give any assistance at all to his legal aid).

Find a point person, get as complete a list of names, dollar amounts and books that you can, send that point person bourbon, comics, etc., let the point person run a summary up whatever flagpole it needs to be (local, state, fed), wait.

I hope everyone gets full remediation plus a pain and aggravation bonus. If this guy has health issues, I hope they clear up. It seems that even if they do, he's got some bigger issues to deal with ahead.

The only time this will save his current or future lawyer(s) is to cut down on the time it takes to reach a plea agreement or out of court settlement, i.e. all work paid for is somehow completed or the victims get their books back as is.  

I found the info about Hero LLC changes on page 12.

Thanks Tnexus for that info.

I don't think I was charged for any services up front but I am double checking on that.

How did Hero Restoration process payments?

Edited by phretbored

On 12/9/2023 at 1:01 PM, jas1vans said:

aggravation bonus

Boy, there would be a lot of broke people in the world if numbnut business owners had to pay this out for screwing things up for their customers.

The copy of the submission form that I saved doesn't have any cc info or any payment related info.

Reviewing my cc history I don't see any charges processed for Hero Restoration.

I would not have written a check it's been years since I have actually written a check.

And I don't recall or have any money order receipts or Paypal payments for Hero Restoration.

If no upfront payment was made then that's great but it's only one part of this mess.

At this point I just want my book returned and no work done or stop the process if any work was actually done.

When I submitted my books it was because I wanted the services of someone with experience, skill, focus, attention to detail, with proper communication, etc.

Not someone stressed out, overworked, unable to focus, unable to complete, possibly in poor health, possibly hospitalized, with sporadic communication.

How can I trust the quality of work and feel comfortable I am getting the level of service for the prices?

That is a big reason why I just want my books returned.

Edited by phretbored

I forwarded all the information compiled through this thread on the victims to the contact at the Oregon DOJ.  I’ve called her twice and it went to voicemail but I sent the information via email today.  I will stay on that person.  I’ll keep everyone in the loop.

The victims should also call that number and leave voicemails for her. :bump:

On 12/12/2023 at 2:43 PM, Steviehuv66 said:

I forwarded all the information compiled through this thread on the victims to the contact at the Oregon DOJ.  I’ve called her twice and it went to voicemail but I sent the information via email today.  I will stay on that person.  I’ll keep everyone in the loop.

The victims should also call that number and leave voicemails for her. :bump:

Latest email from Oregon DOJ.

image.thumb.jpeg.a67f9f0a09fe9765cc1b97a34d33ba1b.jpeg