• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hero Restoration, Anyone know the latest?
24 24

1,376 posts in this topic

On 1/16/2024 at 1:02 PM, Sauce Dog said:

GUYS THIS IS GETTING CRAZIER. Mike has contacted me! He can't get into his account here for the moment, so maybe a post from him later.

Apparently some of those sold listings were cancelled by him (but still appear as sold under ebay searches) when he noticed the mistake. Apparently he has his own comic collection, and with everything going on lots of them have been mixed up with customer books - so when he lists an item for sale he is 'getting books mixed up' but once he catches the mistake (finding the right copy he owns) he cancels the sale (which is what happened with this tales of suspense).

@ZappedMoose9995 Your book is still in his possession!!! I will get him your invoice and he will have it put together for return as your customer notes he lost on it.

Also, as I thought...the meth claim is false, and apparently well...better you read it from the horses mouth:

Screenshot2024-01-16at3_00_44PM.thumb.png.fbd57eae0bef88c97b5ec4d2da872d1f.png

Screenshot2024-01-16at3_13_56PM.thumb.png.c2a42ea5422253f4eb2cbaae8fcd1695.png

IMG_20240116_110744660_HDR.thumb.jpg.812ed9c11db53e1401d56f0b61badfc2.jpg

Sigh, so a woman he tried to help stole from him and the books he had listed on ebay were listed mistakenly?   I'd like to believe Mike but considering all that's happened that's difficult.  Mike, could you please return everyone's books.

On 1/16/2024 at 7:26 PM, thehumantorch said:

Sigh, so a woman he tried to help stole from him and the books he had listed on ebay were listed mistakenly?   I'd like to believe Mike but considering all that's happened that's difficult.

image.png.a00c0e96067f6863a2dc6a8906eac4f4.png

On 1/16/2024 at 3:33 PM, KCOComics said:

I think both things can be true. 

His life is chaos, but it's self created chaos.

And he is intentionally and deliberately stealing from people, selling their books and trying to buy time. 

To go a step further,  I don't believe anything he said about health problems. Covid,  a stroke.  Maybe those things happened,  but they weren't debilitating enough to stop him from drinking, possibly using drugs,  selling books online and opening a store front. 

He is a liar, a thief and deserves 0 empathy. No one should give him the benefit of the doubt on any excuse. 

He has lost all credibility. 

But but but , he's a businessman...

On 1/16/2024 at 6:40 PM, jimjum12 said:

I know we want to bury heads in the sand, just CERTAIN Santa is coming down that chimney, but what if,,,, damn, I hate to be the one. I think our perp may have eaten Santa Claus. GOD BLESS ...

On 1/16/2024 at 6:44 PM, Sauce Dog said:

Okay, based on this...I think Jimbo is also on meth.

Anyone else here on meth?

2 hours later, still laughing.  

On 1/16/2024 at 12:02 PM, Sauce Dog said:

GUYS THIS IS GETTING CRAZIER. Mike has contacted me! He can't get into his account here for the moment, so maybe a post from him later.

Apparently some of those sold listings were cancelled by him (but still appear as sold under ebay searches) when he noticed the mistake. Apparently he has his own comic collection, and with everything going on lots of them have been mixed up with customer books - so when he lists an item for sale he is 'getting books mixed up' but once he catches the mistake (finding the right copy he owns) he cancels the sale (which is what happened with this tales of suspense).

@ZappedMoose9995 Your book is still in his possession!!! I will get him your invoice and he will have it put together for return as your customer notes he lost on it.

Also, as I thought...the meth claim is false, and apparently well...better you read it from the horses mouth:

Screenshot2024-01-16at3_00_44PM.thumb.png.fbd57eae0bef88c97b5ec4d2da872d1f.png

Screenshot2024-01-16at3_13_56PM.thumb.png.c2a42ea5422253f4eb2cbaae8fcd1695.png

How convenient of him to turn this into some sort of alibi when it turns out the books are in fact missing.  Now he'll just plausibly deny selling the books because they were stolen instead.

I'm sure any drug haze contrived attempt at an alibi will be full of holes and not well thought out. Any investigation would likely see right through it.

On 1/16/2024 at 5:32 PM, Buzzetta said:

Right now there is a guy switching comics out of slabs in Kew Gardens / Forest Hills that is breathing a sigh of relief that the CGC Boards have a new focus for the week. 

Or...

He's upset because his source for replacement books has stopped taking submissions and filed for bankruptcy.