• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hero Restoration, Anyone know the latest?
24 24

1,376 posts in this topic

On 1/22/2024 at 11:35 AM, altair43 said:

Just to let everyone know, I just received my book back from mike dechellis.  It was the Amazing fantasy 15 that was shown in one of the photos he had taken.  Mine was the top photo with the small black stickers on the cover.  

I have to give a massive thank you to sauce dog who had initiated the survey to get things moving on a recovery.  I hope mike continues to send out the books to  us who had lodged complaints and to all others whose books he still has.  

Did you have any communication with Mike or did your book just show up one day in the mailbox?

On 1/23/2024 at 12:04 PM, Sorensen7 said:

I have capital one.  I will post if I get a refund.  I did explain the situation which they questioned the time frame.  I don’t know what the final outcome will be but they said I would get a refund for all 4 charges.

You shouldn't get the ASM 300 value, but I've heard very good things about Capitol One, so I honestly wouldn’t be surprised. 

On 1/20/2024 at 8:09 AM, CJ Design said:

when i click that link and view the sold listings are these all books that belong to victims?  is there any way of knowing what books if any at all that Mike had as a personal collection?

On 1/23/2024 at 4:46 AM, phretbored said:

when i click that link and view the sold listings are these all books that belong to victims?  is there any way of knowing what books if any at all that Mike had as a personal collection?

Someone had said earlier,  they suspect whatever personal collection he had,  he likely sold long ago.  

On 1/22/2024 at 11:36 PM, brute_nm said:

Did you have any communication with Mike or did your book just show up one day in the mailbox?

No, I did not have any communication directly with mike.  This was a process we had worked on starting with the survey sauce dog initiated to the filing of complaints to the Oregon DOJ.  Many things went on in the background to find a way for him to return the books.  If steps were not taken, most assuredly, no books would have been returned.  Thank goodness, he is starting to comply and wether he continues, who knows.

On 1/23/2024 at 2:43 AM, Cat said:

You shouldn't get the ASM 300 value, but I've heard very good things about Capitol One, so I honestly wouldn’t be surprised. 

If they interpret it as if the book were purchased solely for this service that never happened, it could be arguable in the submitter's favor, and it sounds like that may have been the case. Just because something is in fine print, it doesn't necessarily make it legal or enforceable. As the old saying goes, "That contract isn't worth the paper it's written on." GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12

On 1/23/2024 at 9:09 AM, rsouxlja7 said:

Sounds like someone who sold an ASM300 on eBay in 2022 is about to have a bad day. :whatthe:

If you are referring to the @Sorensen7 purchase, there is no possible way this would come back on the seller.  If Capital One reimburses, it would be an internal expense on their part.  They can't say "buyer sent item to a 3rd party who stole it, buyer wants seller to purchase price".  This would have to be just a goodwill gesture on the part of Capital One.    

Did the Monday Zoom call go as scheduled? I don't think we need details, I was just wondering if anything came of that.

On 1/22/2024 at 10:35 AM, altair43 said:

Just to let everyone know, I just received my book back from mike dechellis.  It was the Amazing fantasy 15 that was shown in one of the photos he had taken.  Mine was the top photo with the small black stickers on the cover.  

I have to give a massive thank you to sauce dog who had initiated the survey to get things moving on a recovery.  I hope mike continues to send out the books to  us who had lodged complaints and to all others whose books he still has.  

congrats to you on getting your book back.  Did you also get your money back?  If not you should still 1) notify them that they still owe money, and 2) write a whole summary of your experience and give it to sauce dog or the police or whatever lawyer everyone is involved with.  And also give (official/declarative dated) notice to Hero Restorations that you have received your book back but not the money, just for documentation's sake in the event of bankruptcy or other legal/criminal proceedings.  

Obviously the odds of getting repaid are low, but in might help legally when showing a pattern of behavior that helps move things in favor of other folks who are still owed.  

Edited by revat

On 1/24/2024 at 11:38 AM, revat said:

congrats to you on getting your book back.  Did you also get your money back?  If not you should still 1) notify them that they still owe money, and 2) write a whole summary of your experience and give it to sauce dog or the police or whatever lawyer everyone is involved with.  And also give (official/declarative dated) notice to Hero Restorations that you have received your book back but not the money, just for documentation's sake in the event of bankruptcy or other legal/criminal proceedings.  

Obviously the odds of getting repaid are low, but in might help legally when showing a pattern of behavior that helps move things in favor of other folks who are still owed.  

No, I did not get any money back.

On 1/24/2024 at 11:39 AM, altair43 said:

This sucks. Did you at least get the book in the same condition?

(No new damage?)

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite
Typo

On 1/24/2024 at 12:39 PM, altair43 said:

I'm really sorry about this. Glad you got your book back safely. I know as collectors that often takes prioroty for us.   Still i hope everyone pursues legal action. 

The best case scenario is people may get their books back and just have their money stolen. The worst case scenario both the money and books are gone forever. 

This is totally unacceptable and Hero / Mike need to be held accountability.