• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hero Restoration, Anyone know the latest?
24 24

1,357 posts in this topic

On 2/20/2024 at 3:15 PM, Mr. Zipper said:

The point of noting Flash as an "outlier" was because it's the only known item that turned into a problem dating back to the beginning of his practice. Other than that "outlier," his record was spotless for a decade. All the other problems are from the last few years. 

I'm not angry about anything, but I believe in fairly and accurately representing the situation. People making accusations that it has been a long con since the beginning are simply not accurate and there is no evidence to support it. Unless of course, you wish to count the Flash 1 situation as evidence of a long con, which I don't. It was likely messed up and damaged, and the way he handled it criminal, but not an intentional long con. 

Is it a distinction without a difference at this point? Probably. But I have never been a fan of revisionist history and even criminals deserve accurate reporting.

I believe he had many customers books for a long long time dating back into that spotless decade.  It just took years before customers got frustrated and started to complain and realized they weren't alone.

I agree with you, this wasn't a long con.  He was very passionate about restoring comics and worked hard to develop the skills he needed. 

On 2/23/2024 at 1:38 PM, M_Ndreu said:

Hi, 

a friend of mine told me that this might be a place to get in touch with Hero Restoration/Mike DeChellis. I submitted 12 books (valued ~$12k-$14k) for pressing, cleaning and CGC submission back in Nov 2022 in the Vernon, NJ location and have been desperately trying to reach Mike with no luck. I heard that some people were having luck in the forums and I’m hoping to have some myself. Below please find my info:

Maliq Ndreu

maliqndreu@gmail.com

201-919-8882

invoice #1: HRC3324

Journey Into Mystery 112 

Tales of Suspense 58 

Avengers Annual 2

Invoice #2: HRC3325

Secret Wars 1-newsstand 

Secret Wars 8 

Marvel Team-Up 141 

Avengers 11 

Avengers 16

Avengers Annual 1 

Hulk 340

Tales of Suspense 59

Amazing Spider-Man 252-newsstand 

I purchased all of these over a decade ago in super high grade. Most I will never be able to find/afford in those grades. One of the books was given to me by my uncle before he passed away. At this point I’m just hoping to get the book back in the condition I dropped them off in and am willing to cover shipping and any other costs. I’m hoping to hear from Mike or anyone that can help in any way.

thanks 

I just wanted to provide a quick update. The forum came through and Mike reached out quickly. He was able to locate all of my books and will be sending back. Press/cleaning work was done on the books. I’m really glad this thread was here.

thanks again

On 2/24/2024 at 11:56 AM, M_Ndreu said:

I just wanted to provide a quick update. The forum came through and Mike reached out quickly. He was able to locate all of my books and will be sending back. Press/cleaning work was done on the books. I’m really glad this thread was here.

thanks again

Tell us more.  Tell us more.  This thread needs more good news and cowbell.