• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hero Restoration, Anyone know the latest?
24 24

1,339 posts in this topic

On 11/11/2023 at 8:35 PM, AceHazard said:

I like the last line there. “If you are being ignored, it is due to your lack of understanding.”  He’s putting the blame for him not responding on the people contacting him. The guy can’t even take responsibility for ignoring everyone emailing him. This guy is way out of touch with reality. 

If these issues were new and he was having health issues,  I would be empathic. 

But people have had books being held hostage for ten years with scarce communication.  Have they had a lack of understanding for ten years? 

On 11/11/2023 at 7:04 PM, KCOComics said:

If these issues were new and he was having health issues,  I would be empathic. 

But people have had books being held hostage for ten years with scarce communication.  Have they had a lack of understanding for ten years? 

Honestly, if it takes up to 10 years to get around to working/finishing books the odds of a health issue or some other issue derailing the business are significant.  He should only accept books that he can start work on shortly and put everyone else on a waiting list.  The reason to accept everyone's books, and their deposits, is to pull in as money as possible.

Can anyone else here sound off if they are still waiting for books to be returned, specifically books that were out for restoration work and might not be complete?

My current timeline: In the summer he said he would be able to get back to my book and finish it this fall (started in 2020). September hits and I'm told the timeline will be pushed another four months. Oct 5th roles around and he changed his mind and is now opting to go with my original idea (pitched to him back in August) of sending it to another pro to finish doing the work on. Silence until I checked in again Nov 11th, when he said he would ship my book out that following week, which passed with no updates. I emailed today and it sounds like he isn't reading emails fully anymore and with no indication when he will mail it out. 

I sent Mike 15 books in April 2021 and 11 grand for restoration. Once I found out how behind he was 5 years I asked for books and money to be returned. He said no problem. Still waiting a year and a half. Nothing but a thief and always will be. He knows nothing about running a business. 

FYI, for those waiting on anything from Mike be aware that nothing is happening for at least another few weeks at this point. I am sharing this reply since he explicitly told me to share it. It sounds like nobody else is shipping books out for him (and based on another previous email to me it sounds like he cannot even afford to mail out books anymore, thus the 'shipping department' is not active until he can work elsewhere part time to fund it)

This was the reply I got when I simply asked him to clarify if his last response to me was an auto-reply email or if he did in fact read my email. The context of my email was: informing him that people are reaching out to me about the data I have on him possibly for use in legal action, and asking about my ONE book that he said he would have mailed out two weeks ago - which isn't about my greed but the fact is since he promised that date I informed the other restoration expert on this promised timeline, this new pro is being very gracious in taking on my book into an already packed schedule as a favour to both me and Mike to help out - so to keep him waiting longer & in the dark is disrespectful to his time and magnanimity. Yes "I care about my book" but it's because he explicitly stated when he would mail it out, and the fact him restoring this one book (which is still incomplete) is in lieu of payment for years of web development, SEO optimization, and tech support. 

Screenshot2023-11-21at1_31_13PM.thumb.png.0c0c886c0d9a961d3295e3a407a8a2a0.png

Edited by Sauce Dog

On 11/21/2023 at 11:44 AM, Sauce Dog said:

FYI, for those waiting on anything from Mike be aware that nothing is happening for at least another few weeks at this point. I am sharing this reply since he explicitly told me to share it. It sounds like nobody else is shipping books out for him (and based on another previous email to me it sounds like he cannot even afford to mail out books anymore, thus the 'shipping department' is not active until he can work elsewhere part time to fund it)

This was the reply I got when I simply asked him to clarify if his last response to me was an auto-reply email or if he did in fact read it. The context of my email was: informing him that people are reaching out to me about the data I have on him possibly for use in legal action, and asking about my ONE book that he said he would have mailed out two weeks ago - which isn't about my greed but the fact is since he promised that I informed the other restoration expert on that timeline, this new pro is being very gracious in taking on my book into an already packed schedule as a favour to both me and Mike to help out - so to keep him waiting longer & in the dark is disrespectful to his time and magnanimity. Yes "I care about my book" but it's because he explicitly stated when he would mail it out, and the fact his work on this book is payment for years of web development services and support.

Screenshot2023-11-21at1_31_13PM.thumb.png.0c0c886c0d9a961d3295e3a407a8a2a0.png

All the more reason he should have taken care of this previously. 

On 11/21/2023 at 12:48 PM, shadroch said:

What needs to be done to turn this into a criminal case?

Someone just needs to file a complaint with the local police or county prosecutor’s office in Hero’s locale.  There should already be enough preliminary evidence to move forward with an investigation, which could then identify ALL of the victims in this matter.  I think we’ve only scratched the surface of the true number of victims within the two board threads on this topic.

Also, anyone who mailed a payment to Hero’s through the USPS and have yet to receive their product as promised can report him to the US Postal Inspectors for mail fraud.  It would help if multiple victims did this as it’s hard to say what their monetary threshold to start an investigation might be (varies by jurisdiction).  Federal statutes of limitations are generally 5 years too, which tends to exceed the states’.

Took me a while to connect the dots between board handle changes but there was always something off with this guy. While I hope he's okay and that everyone gets their books back/restituion, here you go. A leopard never changes his spots...

On 11/19/2023 at 10:22 PM, Sauce Dog said:

Can anyone else here sound off if they are still waiting for books to be returned, specifically books that were out for restoration work and might not be complete?

My current timeline: In the summer he said he would be able to get back to my book and finish it this fall (started in 2020). September hits and I'm told the timeline will be pushed another four months. Oct 5th roles around and he changed his mind and is now opting to go with my original idea (pitched to him back in August) of sending it to another pro to finish doing the work on. Silence until I checked in again Nov 11th, when he said he would ship my book out that following week, which passed with no updates. I emailed today and it sounds like he isn't reading emails fully anymore and with no indication when he will mail it out. 

Sorry for this.  Constant fails.  And he blames us for derailing his business.

On 11/21/2023 at 1:48 PM, shadroch said:

What needs to be done to turn this into a criminal case?

A summary of total dollars that this guy has stolen.  Local law enforcement will not take piecemeal losses such as my 2k.  If we can get a total dollar loss for the victims including books that haven’t been returned then maybe the US Postal Inspectors will entertain it.  50k and up would be a good start.