• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hero Restoration, Anyone know the latest?
24 24

1,339 posts in this topic

On 3/11/2024 at 9:01 AM, Chip Cataldo said:

Just for clarification @CGC Mike, there are things that can make your IP seem like you're wherever in the world you'd like it to show unless there's something out there that can skirt that. I've not heard of such a thing, though.

IP address pretty much means nothing.

Ok - I met with one of them via Zoom.  He seemed legit.  I could be wrong - but what's the difference?  I've emailed Randy and his picture is different than Cantina.  *yeah, I know this doesn't mean anything.  They wanted to meet via Zoom to clear things up.  If anyone wants to try and build trust, I think that would be a good first step.  Again, us fighting each other is only beneficial for the one who started this mess.  "He ro who shall not be named..."

Edited by GaryHanson

And also Flake didn't know about the DOJ link. https://justice.oregon.gov/consumercomplaints/ I pointed him to it.  A lot of good information gets buried in this board and is hard to find.  The in-fighting only makes it more difficult for everyone just hearing about this situation.  It is a lot to unpack.

On 3/11/2024 at 9:11 AM, GaryHanson said:

And also Flake didn't know about the DOJ link. https://justice.oregon.gov/consumercomplaints/ I pointed him to it.  A lot of good information gets buried in this board and is hard to find.  The in-fighting only makes it more difficult for everyone just hearing about this situation.  It is a lot to unpack.

Right. The Flake / Cantina shill armchair detectives are doing far more to derail and obfuscate than anyone else. Just stop already. They are not Mike. :pullhair:

On 3/15/2024 at 4:24 PM, Neo "The One" said:

Yeah. That’s me. I bought the domain and threw something together quickly because all of the “official” HR contacts (phone, websites email) have disappeared. So if someone is not familiar with the boards they may be looking for more info. I’m basically trying to keep this alive for anyone unaware of the Hero Restoration implosion.  

brilliant 

I've been talking to a friend who is a paralegal and works in the courts and a self help desk in California.  She's also worked for a number of law firms.

She isn't a lawyer and don't consider this to be legal advice but she does know the ins and outs of the courts and what general steps should be considered.

It's important to create a paper trail. 

1) Start with a demand letter.  There are lots of examples online. 

2) After a few weeks or a month send a second demand letter.

3) File a police report.  If the police don't want to take the report continue to insist to file the report and don't take no for an answer.

4) Once you've built a paper trail take him to civil court and try to get a judgement.

5) Many courts and bar associations and have cheap legal advice.  Say $45 for an hour of legal advice.  Think of it as a lawyer providing you with advice hoping it will lead to more hours.  This should probably be step #1 above.

On 3/15/2024 at 6:24 PM, Neo "The One" said:

Yeah. That’s me. I bought the domain and threw something together quickly because all of the “official” HR contacts (phone, websites email) have disappeared. So if someone is not familiar with the boards they may be looking for more info. I’m basically trying to keep this alive for anyone unaware of the Hero Restoration implosion.  

This is a great idea -- kudos! Just a respectful heads-up, that your site misspells Mike's last name throughout -- there are other typos, but that's the one I'd want you to get right for sure.

On 3/15/2024 at 8:35 PM, thehumantorch said:

I've been talking to a friend who is a paralegal and works in the courts and a self help desk in California.  She's also worked for a number of law firms.

She isn't a lawyer and don't consider this to be legal advice but she does know the ins and outs of the courts and what general steps should be considered.

It's important to create a paper trail. 

1) Start with a demand letter.  There are lots of examples online. 

2) After a few weeks or a month send a second demand letter.

3) File a police report.  If the police don't want to take the report continue to insist to file the report and don't take no for an answer.

4) Once you've built a paper trail take him to civil court and try to get a judgement.

5) Many courts and bar associations and have cheap legal advice.  Say $45 for an hour of legal advice.  Think of it as a lawyer providing you with advice hoping it will lead to more hours.  This should probably be step #1 above.

Best advice I’ve heard in a while!  Thanks! 

On 3/15/2024 at 9:40 PM, Point Five said:

This is a great idea -- kudos! Just a respectful heads-up, that your site misspells Mike's last name throughout -- there are other typos, but that's the one I'd want you to get right for sure.

Thank you!  Any advice @Everyone - keep it coming please!