• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hero Restoration, Anyone know the latest?
24 24

1,343 posts in this topic

On 3/9/2024 at 11:23 AM, B2D327 said:

At the very least, Comic Tom can do a current video acknowledging the fiasco with HR as I'm sure not everyone who saw the original videos is aware of what's happened as well as any new viewers that may see the old ones and seek Mike's services only to get burned too.

Yeah. That was me. I saw the CT101 videos and decided I’d get my book pressed. Emailed HR several times for the status saw he was running late had health issue lost livestock in a horrible dog event (note sarcasm) and then was like wtf is going on here?! I periodically checked the boards but wasn’t following closely enough. 

On 3/9/2024 at 2:48 PM, Mr. Zipper said:

I believe this is being interpreted incorrectly. Under assets of the business, he lists $2,000 in comic books. That would not be customer books because they are not an asset of the business. He doesn't own them. He was probably including his personal books as an asset of the business. 

What's truly puzzling is that he does list assets of the business as: 

Hero Restorations, LLC
Assets: Total $3063

• Umpqua Business bank account $113
  • 5 presses: $150 x 5 = $750
  • computer $200
  • comic books $2000

At the time (summer 2020), turnaround times for pressing were 6 - 8 months. Business was coming in faster than it could be handled, yet there is $113 in the bank? FIVE presses is all he had? In his personal checking account he had ONE dollar? 

None of this adds up or passes any smell test. 

Thanks for the clarification!  

On 3/9/2024 at 1:48 PM, Mr. Zipper said:

I believe this is being interpreted incorrectly. Under assets of the business, he lists $2,000 in comic books. That would not be customer books because they are not an asset of the business. He doesn't own them. He was probably including his personal books as an asset of the business. 

What's truly puzzling is that he does list assets of the business as: 

Hero Restorations, LLC
Assets: Total $3063

• Umpqua Business bank account $113
  • 5 presses: $150 x 5 = $750
  • computer $200
  • comic books $2000

At the time (summer 2020), turnaround times for pressing were 6 - 8 months. Business was coming in faster than it could be handled, yet there is $113 in the bank? FIVE presses is all he had? In his personal checking account he had ONE dollar? 

None of this adds up or passes any smell test. 

He was using those tushy tshirt presses?  For $150 those have to be the Amazon ones,right?  Not the Seal/Biefangs

On 3/9/2024 at 7:56 PM, sd2416 said:

He was using those tushy tshirt presses?  For $150 those have to be the Amazon ones,right?  Not the Seal/Biefangs

Right. Seal Press would be way more. TUSY press is fine, but assumed pros would use a commercial heavy duty equipment like Seal. 

On 3/9/2024 at 8:38 PM, comeaux said:

For individuals filing chapter 7, the typical waiting period is 8 years between bankruptcies. Slimebag DeChellis obviously perfected his timing as his first bankruptcy was March 2012 and then 8 years and 3 months later he files bankruptcy again in June 2020. 

Dechellis bankruptcy in 2020 was not a sudden decision, this was likely planned out for several years. I just feel terrible for the countless, innocent folks and good men that trusted this human dumpster fire who was positively promoted by CGC and several YouDumpers without knowing anything about this walking Ponzi Scheme. 

Too bad this thievery & chicanery occurred in Oregon where lawlessness is rampant, in most other states there would be serious criminal implications although Karma is right around the corner for Bernie Madolf of the comic world, 

What was the 2012 Bankruptcy? His business ? Or personal? 

When did he officially start Hero? I'm sure it's been said. 

On 3/9/2024 at 8:18 PM, KCOComics said:

The bankruptcy in 2012 was his failed computer business where he claimed his total cash at $50 and in the more recent bankruptcy in 2020 he claimed $1 in his bank account. In 8 years this greasy ginsel was able to amass a dynasty with a total value of $51 but was held in highest esteem among carnival barkers in the comic universe. 

I’m not certain about the official start of Hero Restoration but I think it was during his first bankruptcy or not long after. 

Edited by comeaux

On 3/9/2024 at 8:18 PM, KCOComics said:

Went to the Wayback machine and found this in a captured FAQ:

Does Hero Restoration have insurance?

Of course, we are insured through Collectible Insurance Services. Your comics are covered while they are here, and in transit to their destination. Upon request, we can provide a rider for high valued books that will be in our possession. Because we take great pride in the protection of your books, we have not had one incident providing services since opening to the public in 2011.

But I think a few folks mentioned him posting about working on comics before then. 

Edit: Just found an older thread from 2009 where he was known as MasterCPU (the name makes sense now knowing he had a computer business) and folks appear to be critiquing his early attempts at pressing/restoration: 

Edit 2: April 2009 post where he introduces himself as a restorer (quarter of the way down from the top): 

Hi, I am a comic book restorer and new here at the forums so I wanted to say Hi and show you a little before after of dry cleaning to get started.

Edited by flchris

On 3/9/2024 at 5:01 PM, Mr. Zipper said:

Right. Seal Press would be way more. TUSY press is fine, but assumed pros would use a commercial heavy duty equipment like Seal. 

D&K Bienfang 210 Dry Mount Press 18.5"x23" New Sealed Mounting Framing Free Ship - Picture 1 of 1

On 3/9/2024 at 9:39 PM, comeaux said:

The bankruptcy in 2012 was his failed computer business where he claimed his total cash at $50 and in the more recent bankruptcy in 2012 he claimed $1 in his bank account. In 8 years this greasy ginsel was able to amass a dynasty with a total value of $51 but was held in highest esteem among carnival barkers in the comic universe. 

I’m not certain about the official start of Hero Restoration but I think it was during his first bankruptcy or not long after. 

And yet,  he managed to come up with the cash to buy a new RV and open a retail store front.  

On 3/9/2024 at 9:45 PM, flchris said:

Of course, we are insured through Collectible Insurance Services. Your comics are covered while they are here, and in transit to their destination. Upon request, we can provide a rider for high valued books that will be in our possession. Because we take great pride in the protection of your books, we have not had one incident providing services since opening to the public in 2011.

But I think a few folks mentioned him posting about working on comics before then. 

Edit: Just found an older thread from 2009 where he was known as MasterCPU (the name makes sense now knowing he had a computer business) and folks appear to be critiquing his early attempts at pressing/restoration: 

Edit 2: April 2009 post where he introduces himself as a restorer (quarter of the way down from the top): 

Hi, I am a comic book restorer and new here at the forums so I wanted to say Hi and show you a little before after of dry cleaning to get started.

Yeah wow. Great work on digging this up! 

On 3/9/2024 at 10:04 PM, KCOComics said:

And yet,  he managed to come up with the cash to buy a new RV and open a retail store front.  

Well yeah, (I’m be a d*ck here) sell someone else’s AF15 for $10k and you too can buy an RV in cash!  We need to get this guy. 

On 3/9/2024 at 9:39 PM, comeaux said:

The bankruptcy in 2012 was his failed computer business where he claimed his total cash at $50 and in the more recent bankruptcy in 2012 he claimed $1 in his bank account. In 8 years this greasy ginsel was able to amass a dynasty with a total value of $51 but was held in highest esteem among carnival barkers in the comic universe. 

This truly makes me sick. 

On 3/9/2024 at 9:45 PM, flchris said:

Those threads from the old CPG were pure gold :cloud9: and told me a lot about this guy. I really wish that forum hadn't crashed with a complete data loss. While I truly feel bad for him, I feel worse for those impacted and am really not surprised we are where we are.

On 3/8/2024 at 7:53 PM, Mr. Zipper said:

Fascinating.

Screenshot2024-03-08195233.thumb.jpg.a21a3b672186b7941c06e7e5806b2ed1.jpg

Wow - just caught the big bird in that picture. I wonder if that is the copy of Flash he was working on for 10 years 14 years for a customer / victim.

Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 10.52.56 AM.png

Edited by GaryHanson

On 3/10/2024 at 9:42 AM, GaryHanson said:

Wow - just caught the big bird in that picture. I wonder if that is the copy of Flash he was working on for 10 years for a customer / victim.

:shy: it is an issue of MAD #166

On 3/10/2024 at 10:50 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

:shy: it is an issue of MAD #166

Yeah, isn't that Flash # 1 underneath?  I read somewhere someone (I'd have to confirm) had Mike working on a copy for 10 years 14 years, and lost $$.  Book was in worse shape when it was returned.  

Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 10.52.56 AM.png

Edited by GaryHanson
Beating the dead horse...