• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bird R.I.P.
13 13

138 posts in this topic

On 1/9/2024 at 5:45 PM, RCheli said:

I got this note from Sean's wife to share with the group:

Thank you to everyone on the CGC boards who wrote such kind and eloquent posts about Sean. They were incredibly meaningful to me, our daughters, and the rest of our family. He really loved talking with all of you over the years, but I don’t think he would’ve expected this kind of outpouring.

For those of you who really dug his Rick Geary Frank Zappa avatar, I thought you might like to see where we have the original hanging in our home. It’s on the wall next to an oversized Zappa poster that Sean bought at Cheap Thrills record store in New Brunswick NJ when he was a student at Rutgers c. 1988. I had it restored for him about 15 years after he bought it, and it’s been hanging on our wall since then. We were both psyched to have the 2012 Geary pen and ink accompany it.

-Bonnie Wasielewski

IMG_1618.jpg

I tought his avatar was a weird drawing of hercules Satan from dragon ball z.wow did i learned something today!

Edited by Namtak

On 1/9/2024 at 5:45 PM, RCheli said:

I got this note from Sean's wife to share with the group:

Thank you to everyone on the CGC boards who wrote such kind and eloquent posts about Sean. They were incredibly meaningful to me, our daughters, and the rest of our family. He really loved talking with all of you over the years, but I don’t think he would’ve expected this kind of outpouring.

For those of you who really dug his Rick Geary Frank Zappa avatar, I thought you might like to see where we have the original hanging in our home. It’s on the wall next to an oversized Zappa poster that Sean bought at Cheap Thrills record store in New Brunswick NJ when he was a student at Rutgers c. 1988. I had it restored for him about 15 years after he bought it, and it’s been hanging on our wall since then. We were both psyched to have the 2012 Geary pen and ink accompany it.

-Bonnie Wasielewski

IMG_1618.jpg

Please thank Bonnie for sharing this update. On an anonymous chat board,  it's nice to get a glimpse into people's lives! 

On 11/25/2023 at 6:20 AM, RCheli said:

It's with my deepest sadness that I have to share that "bird" -- Sean Wasielewski -- passed away suddenly on Wednesday. He was a man with many opinions, and he and I had some great discussions about comics and life over the years both here and -- even better -- face-to-face. 

I spoke with his wife earlier today and she let me know that a service will take place soon, although they don't have the details yet. I suspect it will be near the shore in Jersey where he lived, and I'll post that information here when I get it. Along with his wife, he had two lovely daughters.

Edited to include obituary: https://www.shorepointfh.com/obituary/Sean-Wasielewski

I've just seen this. Was this the gent with the avatar of the cartoon of the gent with the 70s looking hair and beard?