• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your Top 3 Personal Comic Book/Original Art Acquisitions of 2023!
8 8

118 posts in this topic

On 12/13/2023 at 4:00 PM, buttock said:

Top 3 comics: 

Headline 8 needs little introduction, but finding a copy where the cover isn't gray is next to impossible.  

Cap 77 is absolutely impossible to find in decent shape.  This may be the nicest copy in existence of this issue, which has the awesome anti-commie part.  I love this cold war stuff, and it doesn't get much better than this. 

Marines in Battle 2, finding Atlas war in 9.0 or better is a rare feat, much less a Russ Heath flamethrower cover.  White pages to boot.    

captain america 77.jpg

Cap 77 is a great book! I'd been looking for a nice lower grade one (lost out on auction a month or so ago for a PLOD that looked nice) - the black cover is really tough to find with few blemishes. Congrats on a sweet 8.5!

On 12/13/2023 at 3:00 PM, buttock said:

Headline 8 needs little introduction, but finding a copy where the cover isn't gray is next to impossible. 

headline 8.jpg

I have been on a WW2 kick lately every night watching documentaries on the subject matter. 

Pretty book, Congrats!

On 12/13/2023 at 6:00 PM, buttock said:

Top 3 comics: 

Cap 77 is absolutely impossible to find in decent shape.  This may be the nicest copy in existence of this issue, which has the awesome anti-commie part.  I love this cold war stuff, and it doesn't get much better than this. 

Marines in Battle 2, finding Atlas war in 9.0 or better is a rare feat, much less a Russ Heath flamethrower cover.  White pages to boot.    

captain america 77.jpg

headline 8.jpg

marines in battle 2 92.jpg

That may be the nicest copy of Headline 8 I've ever seen. That book is high on my want list! 

On 12/13/2023 at 5:58 PM, Point Five said:

I had a great year for GA. Top 3,

weirdmysteries5.jpeg.fddc8a2ab03fdcf959ec02f185d83a8a.jpeg

YESSSSS! That is a killer looking Weird Mysteries - congrats on that!