• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM #252 CGC 9.8 Record Sale - something fishy going on? - Holder Tampering Incident confirmed by CGC
50 50

9,030 posts in this topic

On 1/19/2024 at 2:05 PM, Iconic1s said:

REVEALED!  Secret to counting pages, checking for clipped MVS, or any other defect inside ANY Comic Book without cracking slab!  DISCLAIMER: This only works in Florida…

Hide contents

IMG_3752.thumb.jpeg.50480114dcfd8d5c8d3449ce7383f7ba.jpeg

Apparently Matt and the crew at CGC can determine if a book has a MJ insert or not without cracking an inner well.    That sounds kinda impressive.

On 1/18/2024 at 10:43 PM, Microchip said:

Apparently Matt and the crew at CGC can determine if a book has a MJ insert or not without cracking an inner well.    That sounds kinda impressive.

You can see the MJ insert from the edges of the comic.   They must be using magic to spot a missing value stamp though :insane:

On 1/19/2024 at 8:59 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

You can see the MJ insert from the edges of the comic.   They must be using magic to spot a missing value stamp though :insane:

Yeah, I don't think that false MJ labels are the concern in this scam.  I think it's wrong grades and internal issues other than missing MJ ads.  

Between Newsstand and MJ inserts, comic collecting has gotten about as close as it can to the insanity of vinyl collectors mothers/stampers valuations.

On 1/19/2024 at 2:51 PM, Gonzimodo said:

Anyone remember the heyday of the 90s Star Wars action figures and all the variants people were pimping for big dollars?  I remember long sabers vs. short sabers, short sabers in long saber trays, Boba Fett paint application variants, safety stickers on cards, full portrait vs. half portrait for Obi-Wan, something to do with variations of Leia's belt...

Now they're all worth about tree-fiddy each.

Psst.

On 1/18/2024 at 9:36 PM, wiparker824 said:

I’ve been busy dusting off my 9.8’s for the 9.9 pre screen program. 

Just have the original artist staple an acetate to the cover, then on the standard S1798 crossout Machine Gun and write in your choice of Pizza Oven or 10.0

Edited by MAR1979

On 1/19/2024 at 5:56 PM, MAR1979 said:

Just have the original artist staple an acetate to the cover, then on the standard S1798 crossout Machine Gun and write in your choice of Pizza Oven or 10.0

We know what we graded and stand by it.