• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Auctions Apr 4-7 2024
5 5

361 posts in this topic

On 3/17/2024 at 10:19 AM, Aahz said:

I don't think so.  The offerings seem to be heavily from the first story arcs and artists, with a couple of pieces here and there from later stories.  Depending on what story appealed to you, there is probably still a lot of potential interest.  

I agree. There's only one issue # 1, with a set amount of pages.

Ending this week, but only a few strong bids.

i have a feeling this auction will yield many more deals than previous auctions unless by some miracle, bids go 5x-10+x on hundreds of lots between now and auction close

On 4/1/2024 at 2:02 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

i have a feeling this auction will yield many more deals than previous auctions unless by some miracle, bids go 5x-10+x on hundreds of lots between now and auction close

:takeit:

On 4/1/2024 at 2:02 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

I thought the same last time....:cry:

On 4/1/2024 at 3:35 PM, Matches_Malone said:

I thought the same last time....:cry:

I hear you, but I have a feeling this time will be different because this auction is the first whereby there will be only two days of OA auctions and I think a lot of folks will forget about that

Edited by jjonahjameson11

On 4/1/2024 at 4:46 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

I hear you, but I have a feeling this time will be different because this auction is the first whereby there will be only two days of OA auctions and I think a lot of folks will forget about that

:wishluck:

On 4/1/2024 at 4:46 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

hmmmm...I dunno. This auction has some incredible material, not to mention it also has items from the David Mandel Collection,  Denis Kitchen Collection, and Death of Superman stuff. Me thinks collector are biding their time. 

On 4/1/2024 at 1:27 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Let’s reconvene on Monday and swap notes/observations 

It certainly will be an interesting one... The only way I see stuff "slipping" or "forgotten" in this one is if people who normally buy larger lots in Thursday's platinum session don't have the patience to watch all Friday to have those lots mixed in. I see this actually working to Heritage's advantage, to separate the comic auction days to art auction days. But something tells me the high end OA market is all about patience and if you're going after the top tier, you'll either use Heritage phone notifications or even be a phone bidder for that right piece. After all if you're buying 6 figure OA, you probably can afford to take the day off LOL. But we shall see, let's circle back on Monday. 

On 4/2/2024 at 2:02 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

I'll take the over.

On 4/2/2024 at 4:46 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

I don't think they'll forget about the auctions per se, but those sessions are going to be such marathons that people targeting items that'll come up in the back half of a session might have gotten distracted, fallen asleep or lost the will to live, or all of the above, by the time that their lot comes up.

On 4/2/2024 at 3:47 AM, tth2 said:

I don't think they'll forget about the auctions per se, but those sessions are going to be such marathons that people targeting items that'll come up in the back half of a session might have gotten distracted, fallen asleep or lost the will to live, or all of the above, by the time that their lot comes up.

especially in Hong Kong, am I right?

On 4/2/2024 at 9:26 PM, Bronty said:

especially in Hong Kong, am I right?

I'm in Japan now, which is 13 hours ahead of US east coast time, which makes staying up even harder.  I don't even try to stay up and bid during the floor auctions, I just put in my best shot during online bidding and then go to sleep (which is probably why I've barely won anything the last few years).

Actually, the bidding will probably go so long now that I might be able to catch the back half of the floor auctions when I wake up! :idea:

On 4/2/2024 at 8:58 AM, tth2 said:

II don't even try to stay up and bid during the floor auctions, I just put in my best shot during online bidding and then go to sleep

I generally know what I'm willing to pay and I'll bid that ahead of time. If I win, good. If not, there's always the next auction.

On 4/2/2024 at 9:58 AM, tth2 said:

I'm in Japan now, which is 13 hours ahead of US east coast time, which makes staying up even harder.  I don't even try to stay up and bid during the floor auctions, I just put in my best shot during online bidding and then go to sleep (which is probably why I've barely won anything the last few years).

Actually, the bidding will probably go so long now that I might be able to catch the back half of the floor auctions when I wake up! :idea:

What prompted the move?    Different language, different culture, that's a big change for you isn't it?

On 4/3/2024 at 5:20 AM, Bronty said:

What prompted the move?    Different language, different culture, that's a big change for you isn't it?

I retired and wanted to get out of HK (can't talk too much about it because of the Board's policies on politics), my wife is Japanese and we already owned a home here.