• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Auctions Apr 4-7 2024
5 5

361 posts in this topic

On 4/5/2024 at 5:47 PM, cstojano said:

Well that Williamson ROTJ page in the last signature was a true steal

The $18K Slave Leia page from the Sep. 2023 sale? Absolutely. Wish I had been paying attention to that one. :cry: 

On 4/5/2024 at 4:18 PM, delekkerste said:

The $18K Slave Leia page from the Sep. 2023 sale? Absolutely. Wish I had been paying attention to that one. :cry: 

Geez, was it that long ago? Yes that's the one. We both commented on it at the time, perhaps a sign of weakness in that market. Nope. Ewoks usually knock money off the value :)

On 4/5/2024 at 3:30 PM, BCarter27 said:

Not much love for Sienkiewicz Moon Knight? I thought this would have cracked $20k+, no? Thoughts?

It was higher than I expected but a very nice splash with Palmer inks :cloud9:

On 4/5/2024 at 2:30 PM, BCarter27 said:

Not much love for Sienkiewicz Moon Knight? I thought this would have cracked $20k+, no? Thoughts?

Just speaking for myself and some of my like minded collector friends, those early Moon Knight stories aren't very good art wise. Poor Neal Adams riffs. It's not until you get into the later Moon Knight run before I would consider opening my wallet to add to my collection. YMMV.

On 4/5/2024 at 3:17 PM, batman_fan said:

Cardy covers seemed reasonable, maybe a little low

Not that anyone cares, I was sitting it out on those covers.  I don't recall ever seeing the Aquaman 41 or Brave & Bold 102 covers before.  Los Bros had the Brave & Bold 97 cover around that price maybe 15+ years ago.  Glen Brunswick was selling it for about that price in 2020.  HA sold the Teen Titans 36 cover in 2018, didn't bid back then either.

If those covers seemed to go low, maybe it's because the figures on all of them were on the smaller side.  The Teen Titans on the B&B 102 are kind of an exception but they're upside down.  Anyway, I'm glad there's still interest in Nick's art.

On 4/5/2024 at 5:25 PM, batman_fan said:

Well no new Peanuts strip for me.  They hammered at a decent price, even the Peppermint Patty and Marcy piece

Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 3.24.19 PM.png

Peppermint Patty. The Aunt May of the Peanuts universe. 

On 4/5/2024 at 5:30 PM, BCarter27 said:

It's a nice piece, but, I think to make a bigger splash it needed to be main run Moon Knight and inked by Sienkiewicz himself. And, sure, later in the run does better than earlier in the run but I bet this would have still gotten a lot of love if it had been early in the main run and inked by Bill. 2c 

On 4/5/2024 at 7:36 PM, batman_fan said:

It was higher than I expected but a very nice splash with Palmer inks :cloud9:

You know, prior to 5 minutes ago, I would have said that Palmer's inks made everyone's pencils look better, but, for Sienkiewicz, I think people just want that trademark scratchy, loose-but-dynamic (and, later, more experimental) style of him inking himself rather than Palmer's bold and tidy inks that worked great with practically every other penciller. 

Edited by delekkerste

On 4/5/2024 at 6:52 PM, delekkerste said:

You know, prior to 5 minutes ago, I would have said that Palmer's inks made everyone's pencils look better, but, for Sienkiewicz, I think people just want that trademark scratchy, loose-but-dynamic (and, later, more experimental) style of him inking himself rather than Palmer's bold and tidy inks that worked great with practically every other penciller. 

Palmer inks makes everything better :luhv:

This is a universal constant like pi or plancks constant

What an impressive batch of X-Men art by Kirby, Cockrum, Byrne, BWS and Jim Lee!

IMG_0052.jpeg

IMG_0054.jpeg

IMG_0055.jpeg

IMG_0056.jpeg

IMG_0057.jpeg

——

Brian Peck pointed out down thread my omission of the exceptional GS X-Men page so it’s now added: 

IMG_0061.thumb.jpeg.83f7e8eef94aa005c1d015e5c8192278.jpeg

Edited by gumbydarnit

On 4/5/2024 at 8:56 PM, gumbydarnit said:

Come on guys… it is a wolverine claws out page:

IMG_0051.jpeg.f9fedf52747514edd0f04bbfc5a09677.jpeg

Ok, maybe not the most impressive claws out page… but they are out ; )

Clearly he’s a grower 

On 4/5/2024 at 7:56 PM, gumbydarnit said:

Come on guys… it is a wolverine claws out page:

IMG_0051.jpeg.f9fedf52747514edd0f04bbfc5a09677.jpeg

Ok, maybe not the most impressive claws out page… but they are out ; )

Groundhoggin.