• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1000 Books in 2024
3 3

206 posts in this topic

113 books so far this year.

Spider-Man Life Story: This was a decent read, but certainly rushed in places. But I guess that was kinda the point - to shove a lot of history (retelling of the history, really) into a short series. Some really goofy parts in the resolution. I read this for my first ever comic book club. We'll be discussing this book tomorrow night.

20240416_192045.thumb.jpg.4ff49b04cc3645914955ec519e067abf.jpg

Our (7yo and I) journey through The Legend of Zelda continues. Still way too juvenile for my liking. We are taking a break to read something else that caught his eye. We have finished 5 of the 10 manga in the box set.

zelda.thumb.jpg.829e322e754662b6297e7ce3b66f6905.jpg

Uncanny X-Men Omnibus 2 - Our (10yo and I) continue to chip away at this. We've taken a few breaks to read other stories. I really dislike the annual issues. Days of Future Past is up next in the omnibus. We are currently reading X-Men Days of Future Past - Doomsday, which is a modern run up to the classic story. So far, I enjoy it.

X-MenOmnibus2Status.png.77051bf307a5af1d20a0a4bc3013e06e.png

I've managed to get a bit of focus and get some reading done, albeit not much. I've mainly read the new Green Lantern series by Jeremy Adams (#2 was so hard to get for some reason, none on eBay, had to rely on a lucky find at a random Melbourne comic store I'd never heard of), which was pretty decent so far, to be honest. Just wish it had more Kyle. 

Omnibus-wise I've read Aquaman by Geoff Johns, and the Green Lantern Corps omnibus volume 1. Both were great reads, although through no fault of its own, GLC duplicates a decent chunk of material from the first Johns Green Lantern by necessity, like the Sinestro Corps War, and the Recharge miniseries. Recharge was a breeze to reread, but I found SCW to be a real slog. Go figure. It's one of my favourite stories too. 

I've just started the Moon Knight by Huston etc omnibus, which is stuff I love, so it's a breeze to date. Another great time ahead of me. 

And that's my attempts at moments of normality in what is a very dysfunctional time in my life. I'm up to 818 books read for the year. 

Take care everyone. Best wishes to you all. 

Top Ten 1 to 12

As is often stated online; Hill Street Blues with super-heroes.

Several story arcs seamlessly linked together, one of Alan Moore's best series, lots of background Easter eggs to look for.

2024 total = 238

Finished my stack for this month.

April 2024 : 172 comic read  

For a total of 556 comics read in 2024

Once upon the end of the world 11-12
The One hand 1
The Original X-man 1
Our Bones Dust 1-2
The Penguin 4-7
Petrol Head 2-4
Phantom Road 7-9
Pine & Merimac 1