• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Frank Miller appreciation thread - Show us your covers and share your thoughts
2 2

34 posts in this topic

Daredevil 227, the 1st issue of Miller's amazing Born Again story arc which was also his acclaimed return to the title which made him a star.

Eventually Disney will be adapting it to a TV mini-series :bigsmile:

Daredevil227Cover.thumb.jpg.085f376a6bee970c0ab29050d219640a.jpg

Below is the 1st issue of the Give Me Liberty mini-series Miller wrote which is the 1st appearance of Martha Washington. I was curious about it as a kid, but didn't buy it back then. I wonder if it will be adapted to the screen one day as it has a diverse lead character? There were a couple of Martha Washington mini-series which followed this. UPDATE: Just read it. Have to say I found the narrative a bit disjointed and it wasn't particularly engaging. Definitely minor Miller :frown: Maybe the series improves later on, but I probably won't be buying subsequent issues. 

GiveMeLiberty1.thumb.jpg.af0fda9150eacc3d7e628fba732ae2ea.jpg

Edited by MattrixAlien

On 1/28/2024 at 6:56 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

ronin 4.jpg

ronin 5.jpg

:headbang:

I had pretty much given up on new books by this point, but this title drew me in instantly. 

Sold the raw set years ago, but picked up the hardcover collection a while back.

-bc

On 1/30/2024 at 8:32 AM, bc said:

:headbang:

I had pretty much given up on new books by this point, but this title drew me in instantly. 

Sold the raw set years ago, but picked up the hardcover collection a while back.

-bc

Nice! Frank Miller's signature is one I would like to have. I loved Ronin too. My single issues of the mini-series went missing somewhere along the way, perhaps borrowed by a friend, but I have the trade paperback collection of it.

Miller's graphic novel Elektra Lives Again blew me away when I was a kid. It's the last time he fully unleashed his talent & effort as an artist, while still at the height of his powers. I love Sin City and his other works, but I feel he's favoured a more minimalist approach ever since. 

20240212_102124.thumb.jpg.0170fd1d2c26b670404965a38dd816f7.jpg20240212_102342.thumb.jpg.76b8b173f0b62ed5fff1121dd844e2fa.jpg

Edited by MattrixAlien