• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Frank Miller appreciation thread - Show us your covers and share your thoughts
2 2

38 posts in this topic

On 3/31/2024 at 5:54 PM, MattrixAlien said:

Here's a cool cover which Frank created for the Wolverine mini series trade paper back. Popularising ninjas in comics is another of his achievements in the medium :bigsmile:

20240401_084217.thumb.jpg.c9930119d839adb92cbfbc8968f3bd1d.jpg

Lol I remember being really young and finding this and the reg #1 in a used bookstore. My cousin was staying with us and wanted the reg #1, I was asking questions, of which he told me it was a 4 book continuation. He told me this tpb had the whole story, and I remember at 7 or 8 thinking, he was silly and I got the better deal for the whole story lol

My tpb never survived until I was an adult so I guess he wins!  :shy:

To me, Frank Miller is as good as it gets when it comes to telling a story through art. As for just drawing characters ? He, Steranko , Adams, Layton, Grell, Turner, and McFarlane would rank as my favorites. also up there with Alan Moore and Warren Ellis in my top storytellers ever. If there was a comic book HoF, and there may be, Miller is first ballot guy.