• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Confirm you are human
2 2

37 posts in this topic

Got it as well today.  After a few hours of inactivity on my browser, I just went to my 'History' to re-access the CGC thread that I commented on, and it prompted me for the confirmation.  I wasn't asked to log out as well, which is more secure if they end my session after a few hours of inactivity, rather than confirming humanity. :goodvsevil:

Yup...

On 2/7/2024 at 7:12 AM, namisgr said:

I still get logged off on occasion and have to sign back in for full board access.

Yep, a couple of times a day for me.

On 2/7/2024 at 6:12 AM, vaultkeeper said:

It seems to me that this would be one of the best forums for aliens and robots to post. (shrug)

I might actually prefer the posts that would come from robots and space aliens!

On 2/7/2024 at 5:12 AM, namisgr said:

I still get logged off on occasion and have to sign back in for full board access.

I am doing this at least once a day between phone or desktop.

If anyone is curious, those "click here if you're not a robot" buttons don't actually check for the click. They check for the movement toward the checkbox. Humans have to slide the mouse (or finger) toward the box in a way that's very "human". Computers would just alter the checkbox to "checked" in the code.

On 2/7/2024 at 3:12 AM, vaultkeeper said:

It seems to me that this would be one of the best forums for aliens and robots to post. (shrug)

You can imagine the posts from some of the Golden Age aliens and robots: "Dear Sir - In 1950, this unit was one of a group from the Metallic Agency that modeled for your cover drawing of Weird Fantasy #6 and have yet to receive payment.  This unit's PayPal is...."

Weird Fantasy 8.jpg

Edited by MattTheDuck
made it funnier