• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Auction has just started and set a new record for Action #1.
7 7

255 posts in this topic

On 4/4/2024 at 10:39 AM, pmpknface said:

And for a cool 3/4 of a mil...

image.thumb.png.90cbc9967f63d3c4664662a1a5b68f55.png

That flip didn't work. $750K is down $60K from the $810K paid the for same book, presumably by this seller, less than a year ago.  

Reminiscent of the flipper who got only $1.5M for the All-Star 8 in January of this year which had been purchased a year and half earlier in June 2022 $1.62M.  

On 4/4/2024 at 1:40 PM, sfcityduck said:

That flip didn't work. $750K is down $60K from the $810K paid the for same book, presumably by this seller, less than a year ago.  

Reminiscent of the flipper who got only $1.5M for the All-Star 8 in January of this year which had been purchased a year and half earlier in June 2022 $1.62M.  

People who have that kind of money for funny books aren't too smart sometimes...:facepalm:

On 4/4/2024 at 4:37 PM, BFA1971 said:

On the short list of my very favorite comics. And given all the down results so far I think $19,200 is a pretty respectable number for that book.

Edited by MrBedrock

On 4/4/2024 at 10:15 PM, MrBedrock said:

On the short list of my very favorite comics. And given all the down results so far I think $19,200 is a pretty respectable number for that book.

The interior art of this is amazing also :)

On 4/4/2024 at 5:34 PM, BFA1971 said:

The interior art of this is amazing also :)

Cover to cover it is ridiculously cool. Even the back cover is extreme.

On 4/4/2024 at 5:41 PM, Vintage_Paper said:

If you were trying to post the result of Wonder Woman #2 you accidentally posted Sensation #1 by mistake.

Sorry, first one I saw.  I tried!  Results are out there!

On 4/4/2024 at 4:40 PM, sfcityduck said:

Thanks for posting this…the result seemed light to me

On 4/4/2024 at 9:37 PM, Kromak said:

Didn't know this one. The only good Hitler cover that I saw so far.

It's an awesome cover! I read in the last year or two that the cover is by Reed Crandall -- I never knew that but I can totally see it. The cool lighting/shading on the Devil's face at that very distinctive angle looks straight out of one of his classic EC stories.

On 4/5/2024 at 2:54 AM, Point Five said:

It's an awesome cover! I read in the last year or two that the cover is by Reed Crandall -- I never knew that but I can totally see it. The cool lighting/shading on the Devil's face at that very distinctive angle looks straight out of one of his classic EC stories.

Didn't know this! Thanks for sharing Point Five!

On 4/5/2024 at 2:37 AM, Kromak said:

Didn't know this one. The only good Hitler cover that I saw so far.

It's a different style but this one is not bad either if you haven't seen it:

Headline Comics #8

On 4/5/2024 at 12:26 AM, Mr bla bla said:
On 4/4/2024 at 10:30 PM, BFA1971 said:

Wow super comprehensive thanks for sharing the link :) and ouch!!!

Holy cow.

some dudes have taken a serious haircut.

But they pale in comparison to whoever flipped the 9.8 TOS 39 in this auction.  A $1.2m loss! 

On 4/5/2024 at 4:05 AM, Vintage_Paper said:

Anyone grab the ending price on the restored 8.0 Action 1 and also the Wonder Woman 2?

$84k

On 4/5/2024 at 1:40 AM, tth2 said:

But they pale in comparison to whoever flipped the 9.8 TOS 39 in this auction.  A $1.2m loss! 

Sad story. Reminds me of the guy who bought and sold the Flash Comics MH run.

On 4/5/2024 at 3:44 PM, zzutak said:

The Haunted Thrills #6 in CGC 9.2 ow-wh hammers at $50.4 k!  :whatthe:  :whatthe:  :whatthe:
I'm pretty sure the market value of my good friend's gorgeous snow-white-paged Spokane copy just took a big jump.  :headbang:

HT6-Spok.thumb.jpg.18c6f0de9245dbab6d5dfe0b2d87c60a.jpg

Spokane! :cloud9:

It's certainly a sought after cover but, were it to come up for auction, it's hard to predict the price without knowing how high the third highest bidder was willing to go.

On 4/5/2024 at 3:44 PM, zzutak said:

The Haunted Thrills #6 in CGC 9.2 ow-wh hammers at $50.4 k!  :whatthe:  :whatthe:  :whatthe:
I'm pretty sure the market value of my good friend's gorgeous snow-white-paged Spokane copy just took a big jump.  :headbang:

Yep that was one of the big surprises. 25k, 30 maybe. But 50k,  gee whiz.

On 4/5/2024 at 8:44 PM, zzutak said:

Tempted to sell it for somewhere near that price.