• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I got a autographed mandalorian comic i belive issue 8 bran new, i want to cgc it but how do i with a signature?
3 3

15 posts in this topic

You can send it in but it'll only get a green Qualified label, with something like "Text written on front cover". It won't be the same thing as having as authenticated signed issue. For that there's a whole special procedure to follow, which gives you a yellow label.

On 3/15/2024 at 8:53 PM, grendel013 said:

not trying to solicit the competition but this is one area CGC is lacking.

I imagine they'd be overrun with submissions were they to start verifying signatures. Too much money in their signature game anyways.

On 3/15/2024 at 5:14 PM, cbudris said:

Never done signed books before.

Already posted above; but you can not get a yellow label with your current book as it was not witnessed by a CGC facilitator or employee. If you try and send it in you will receive a green label or a blue label (with grade deductions for the signature) and "name written on cover" notes. There is another company that will be of better service if you want to authenticate the signature (you can choose to grade or not).

speaking of which:

On 3/15/2024 at 11:56 PM, grendelbo said:

Too much money in their signature game anyways.

CGC has it's current customer base trained to believe in the "CGC Signature Series" marketing as better than everything else. I do believe this viewpoint is being tarnished by the companies poor CS, communication, and mishandling of books. The Art Adams signing,  8 months overdue and many still outstanding; now the Jim Lee signing in the same boat (5 months); and their partnership with Celebrity Authentic and books being out for over a year now and CGC refusing to acknowledge anything about it, when they were the point of submission/contact/advertisement.

The company will need to continue generating revenue above the previous years metric so I can see in the future that CGC would partner with a third party authentication like JSA (Beckett is already partnered with "the other guys"). They would roll it out as a limited partner ship at first focusing on the heavy hitters mostly not around prior to CGC and once the initial traditionalists were silenced they would open it up to all witnessed signatures. Would just be a Yellow label annotated with "Signed by Jerry Siegel" "JSA Z46837".

On 3/16/2024 at 6:51 AM, DougC said:

Already posted above; but you can not get a yellow label with your current book as it was not witnessed by a CGC facilitator or employee. If you try and send it in you will receive a green label or a blue label (with grade deductions for the signature) and "name written on cover" notes. There is another company that will be of better service if you want to authenticate the signature (you can choose to grade or not).

speaking of which:

CGC has it's current customer base trained to believe in the "CGC Signature Series" marketing as better than everything else. I do believe this viewpoint is being tarnished by the companies poor CS, communication, and mishandling of books. The Art Adams signing,  8 months overdue and many still outstanding; now the Jim Lee signing in the same boat (5 months); and their partnership with Celebrity Authentic and books being out for over a year now and CGC refusing to acknowledge anything about it, when they were the point of submission/contact/advertisement.

The company will need to continue generating revenue above the previous years metric so I can see in the future that CGC would partner with a third party authentication like JSA (Beckett is already partnered with "the other guys"). They would roll it out as a limited partner ship at first focusing on the heavy hitters mostly not around prior to CGC and once the initial traditionalists were silenced they would open it up to all witnessed signatures. Would just be a Yellow label annotated with "Signed by Jerry Siegel" "JSA Z46837".

So ill just look um the Mandalorian issue 13 (Autographed by the Writer of the series) ect and they will put a label on it showing it was signed? but wont certify signature just that it was signed? Thats whay you guys are saying right?

On 3/16/2024 at 5:51 AM, DougC said:

The company will need to continue generating revenue above the previous years metric so I can see in the future that CGC would partner with a third party authentication like JSA

On 3/16/2024 at 12:36 PM, Ryan. said:

The competition authenticating inauthentic Ditko signatures wasn't very helpful in legitimizing their authentication service. 

Info was slightly off; CCG bought them instead of CGC partnering..2c

On 3/16/2024 at 3:51 AM, DougC said:

...The company will need to continue generating revenue above the previous years metric so I can see in the future that CGC would partner with a third party authentication like JSA (Beckett is already partnered with "the other guys"). They would roll it out as a limited partner ship at first focusing on the heavy hitters mostly not around prior to CGC and once the initial traditionalists were silenced they would open it up to all witnessed signatures. Would just be a Yellow label annotated with "Signed by Jerry Siegel" "JSA Z46837".

You're good!

Screenshot_20240321_213917_Chrome.thumb.jpg.080a068b26bcc95b5aea07f02d18b460.jpg

You could wait until April since that is when CGC will announce the new process of submitting unwitnessed signatures for comics, etc. The acquisition of JSA seems like a blessing in disguise.