• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rest in peace Bob Beerbohm.
2 2

42 posts in this topic

Very sad news. In my dealings with him, he was always honest and informative. My deepest condolences to his family and friends. May he rest in peace...   

Edited by The Lions Den

I'm guessing he died still owing Ms Bails her money. Sorry for those of you who lost a friend, all I see is the loss of a fraud. 

Edited by Cat

On 3/30/2024 at 12:46 AM, Cat said:

I'm guessing he died still owing Ms Bails her money. Sorry for those of you who lost a friend, all I see is the loss of a fraud. 

This is a perfectly reasonable and understandable position. I imagine she is not the only one, either. 

On 3/30/2024 at 7:47 AM, KirbyJack said:

This is a perfectly reasonable and understandable position. I imagine she is not the only one, either. 

Jean removed the post in 2013. Lot's to unpack from this incident, surely you would think that when post submission damage happens, and CGC tells a customer you're SOL, people would rather trust CGC than Bob?

2023/24 is a different time, isn't it? If you're going to believe CGC over Bob on the All Star #8 being damaged, then I guess you're also likely to believe 350 books are the extent of the impact, or that people will ever see any compensation from the property they surrendered.

Keep it classy folks. 

On 3/31/2024 at 12:01 AM, comicwiz said:

Jean removed the post in 2013. Lot's to unpack from this incident, surely you would think that when post submission damage happens, and CGC tells a customer you're SOL, people would rather trust CGC than Bob?

2023/24 is a different time, isn't it? If you're going to believe CGC over Bob on the All Star #8 being damaged, then I guess you're also likely to believe 350 books are the extent of the impact, or that people will ever see any compensation from the property they surrendered.

Keep it classy folks. 

I saw a post from her some years later asking Bob about payment. I THINK it might have been after he'd announced his retirement, but I'm not 100% sure on that. Regardless, I definitely saw a post some years later enquiring once more publicly about payment. 

Edited by Cat

After Bob was kicked off the CGC boards he became very anti-CGC in most of his postings. Said there were a lot of "CGC people" bad mouthing him. if you sent him a message on facebook he would almost always respond.

On 3/30/2024 at 11:27 AM, Cat said:

I saw a post from her some years later asking Bob about payment. I THINK it might have been after he'd announced his retirement, but I'm not 100% sure on that. Regardless, I definitely saw a post some years later enquiring once more publicly about payment. 

I saw (presuming it was you) the post on reddit. I found that to be of poor taste, as is what you're doing here. On a "probably" or "maybe" of all things. Even on the reddit, someone asked for evidence, and you posted links to discussions which linked to removed content, and/or that has long been deleted. 

On 3/30/2024 at 12:50 PM, Jimmy Linguini said:

After Bob was kicked off the CGC boards he became very anti-CGC in most of his postings.

Bob became anti-CGC because of the All Star #8, and the pickle it put him in with Jerry's widow when CGC allegedly refused to acknolwedge they damaged the book. As I've said, frame that into it's correct context. After the narrative shifted from the baker being fleeced/fooled into believing Obadiah Oldbuck's significance in the chronology of comic history, it shifted to Bob being a bad actor, who was going to listen to Bob that CGC had done him wrong?

Now that the music is playing, with back to back lawsuits, people still don't want to listen to the warnings. Everything old is new again. 

Edited by comicwiz

On 3/31/2024 at 3:01 AM, comicwiz said:

I saw (presuming it was you) the post on reddit. I found that to be of poor taste, as is what you're doing here. On a "probably" or "maybe" of all things. Even on the reddit, someone asked for evidence, and you posted links to discussions which linked to removed content, and/or that has long been deleted. 

The Reddit poster you're talking about wasn't aware the links didn't work, and seeing the thread is now locked there's no point in updating them anyway. The Reddit poster also knows he wasn't the only one who saw it, but is willing to act like he was, if that's the way we're going to play it. 

Just because someone is dead doesn't erase their bad deeds in my eyes. It's important we get a balanced view of them. You want to rave about him, I'm just here reminding people he was also a known scammer.

Edited by Cat

On 3/30/2024 at 12:16 PM, Cat said:

The Reddit poster you're talking about wasn't aware the links didn't work, and seeing the thread is now locked there's no point in updating them anyway. The Reddit poster also knows he wasn't the only one who saw it, but is willing to act like he was, if that's the way we're going to play it. 

Just because someone is dead doesn't erase their bad deeds in my eyes. It's important we get a balanced view of them. You want to rave about him, I'm just here reminding people he was also a known scammer.

I see, you're about as black and white as your Cat avatar. I take it we won't be seeing you making a donation to his daughter's GoFundMe to pay for his final expenses since he was on Medicaid.  But just in case, here's the link on the offhand chance you'd like to do something in the spirit of Easter. :peace: https://www.gofundme.com/f/bob-beerbohm

Edited by MyNameIsLegion

On 4/1/2024 at 1:37 AM, MyNameIsLegion said:

I see, you're about as black and white as your Cat avatar. I take it we won't be seeing you making a donation to his daughter's GoFundMe to pay for his final expenses since he was on Medicaid.  But just in case, here's the link on the offhand chance you'd like to do something in the spirit of Easter. :peace: https://www.gofundme.com/f/bob-beerbohm

I would prefer to donate to Mrs Bails if she were to ask for such a thing.