• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Complete New Adventure Run, At Long Last
10 10

162 posts in this topic

On 4/9/2024 at 10:58 AM, Yorick said:

Can I ruin it for you?

Hide contents

WHY IS HE SMILING???

The guy on 23 (as Ian Fleming once said: "You only live twice. Once when you are born and once when you look death in the face") or the front guy on 24 (not sure he is)? 

On 4/9/2024 at 11:05 AM, sfcityduck said:

the front guy on 24 (not sure he is)

Seems more of a "grit" teeth clenching scene.  (thumbsu

On 4/9/2024 at 11:54 AM, sfcityduck said:

Obviously, a matter of taste: But I like 23 better than 24. More drama. The guys on 24 could have just portaged their canoe, but the guy on 23 is fighting for his life. Colors on 24 are spectacular! But I prefer the simplicity and focus of 23 (which also has great colors in the sky -- and the snow really focuses the action). To be fair, both are masterpieces of the time. DC non-superhero adventure (little "a") covers are the standard for the time.

The guy on 23 could have just shot the wolves. 

On 4/9/2024 at 3:36 PM, buttock said:
On 4/9/2024 at 1:54 PM, sfcityduck said:

Obviously, a matter of taste: But I like 23 better than 24. More drama. The guys on 24 could have just portaged their canoe, but the guy on 23 is fighting for his life. Colors on 24 are spectacular! But I prefer the simplicity and focus of 23 (which also has great colors in the sky -- and the snow really focuses the action). To be fair, both are masterpieces of the time. DC non-superhero adventure (little "a") covers are the standard for the time.

That's what I was thinking at first, but I guess he must have run out of bullets or gun malfunction.

Congratulations on completing your New Adventure run, Peter!  Looking forward to seeing the rest of the run and (hopefully) hearing a little more of the story about how tough it was to find the last one. 

:applause:

On 4/9/2024 at 3:36 PM, buttock said:

Back in the old days, real men didn't use bullets. :sumo:

On 4/9/2024 at 10:04 AM, RareHighGrade said:

Issue #24 is considered by many to be a Flessel masterpiece.  I agree. 

My copy is a CGC 8.5.

NewAdv.24.jpg

this is better than 99% of anything they have ever had on display at the 140 million dollar art museum they built in East Lansing

On 4/9/2024 at 8:43 PM, RareHighGrade said:

Issue #25 is a beast that is rarely seen and almost never comes up for sale.  This Lost Valley 5.0 represents the highest graded copy on the census.  No one has seen a Church copy.

NewAdv.25(LV).jpg

Love this issue, beautiful copy.

On 4/9/2024 at 6:43 PM, RareHighGrade said:

Issue #25 is a beast that is rarely seen and almost never comes up for sale. .,,. No one has seen a Church copy.

Is that code for DA owns it? LOL. I thought he had the 26 but would not sell it. Nice to see your copy, Thanks!