• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2024 Grading Contest Spring Edition Season 3 (#10) Round 1
20 20

173 posts in this topic

On 4/22/2024 at 8:26 PM, jcjames said:

That smudge on the back, the light fc lower spine wear/color loss (not the glare), and slightly soft spine corners... and 9.6!? Wow. 

I gave it 9.0

Same. I thought Showcase was structurally a 9.6 and deducted 3 increments for the stain landing at 9.0. Sheesh. Why don't my submissions EVER get it this easy? doh!

And the 9.4 Superman with spine corners frayed at the top and bottom? C'mon... doh!doh!

Edited by Mr. Zipper

On 4/22/2024 at 9:10 PM, Mr. Zipper said:

Same. I thought Showcase was structurally a 9.6 and deducted 3 increments for the stain landing at 9.0. Sheesh. Why don't my submissions EVER get it this easy? doh!

And the 9.4 Superman with spine corners frayed at the top and bottom? C'mon... doh!doh!

I had the showcase at 8.5 and the superman at 8.0 (for the frayed corners and, upon examining the back cover, identifying what appeared to be a miswrap).

• Administrator
On 4/22/2024 at 8:51 PM, genrlzod said:

I have no idea how I came out with 4 bullseyes.  😮

You earned a pretty good spread of emojis for those grades.  Way to go!  (worship)

5 points this round. I knew one of those three NM books would be a 9.6 and one would be 9.2 so I spilt the difference and guessed 9.4 on all them. In my experience the difference between those grades is basically a dart throw. 

Glad I bullseyed the Superman 75 not the least of which is bc I kinda think it’s my book xD If not, I submitted a copy that came back with those exact same notes and got that exact same grade…

On 4/22/2024 at 10:07 PM, Cman429 said:

5 points this round. I knew one of those three NM books would be a 9.6 and one would be 9.2 so I spilt the difference and guessed 9.4 on all them. In my experience the difference between those grades is basically a dart throw. 

Same!

One grade off each of the other two, so, 4 pts for me this round.