• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2024 Grading Contest Spring Edition Season 3 (#10) Round 2
16 16

214 posts in this topic

Got absolutely roasted this round. Very confused by some of the grades tbh. No mention of the stain on the back of Strange Tales? 9.2 with corner wear, stress lines and “light” foxing on JLA? Unmentioned corner bend on the Spotlight 9.6? Lot of head-scratchers imo. And here I thought I was getting pretty good at grading 7.5+ books…

On 4/27/2024 at 8:51 AM, Old Fashion PB and J said:

Did not do well this round. I undergraded most of these severely..... Link to my Ebay anyone :cry:

Join the club :)  I'll bet you didn't give the Spotlight 6 a 6.5 like I did :)

Just getting to the reveal.  Was doing pretty good out of the gate...first 3 books .2 off = 3 points...4th book the Transformers I went 9.0 = 2 points and then got nose-punched on the Supe 50 went 9.4 :whatthe: for 4 points = total 9 points.  Ugh.  At least I didn't go double digit points.  Congrats to anyone with a 6 or less on this round.

I couldn’t have been more wrong on the round if I tried.  Always next year

On 4/27/2024 at 9:10 AM, Old Fashion PB and J said:

No, but JLA I had at 8.5 and MS6 I gave a 9.0

I had the JLA as an 8.0.  This may be a new single round record!  I can't wait for the stats to be posted!  16 points ^^

WOW!  What the hell!!!???

image.jpeg.243757bf499626b9f74cda6dd7e5ba4b.jpeg

I don't have a clue what I was looking at when I graded Superman #50. Score 11 that round for me with a big 5 on Supes alone! :facepalm: 

I am pretty much in agreement with everyone else on the other books. Very tough round!