• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2024 Grading Contest Spring Edition Season 3 (#10) Round 3
13 13

194 posts in this topic

On 4/29/2024 at 8:59 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

:preach:

I actually got something different than others this time too, so it is either you who got something different or I'm thinking to hard about this  :roflmao:

I'd be willing to do a straight-up trade. Actually, I've got an overstock of these thinking emojis.  hm hm hm hm  Take 'em all for the bearded guy emoji!

• Administrator

So far, 66 participants have submitted their grades.  This round ends tomorrow at 8:00 PM Eastern time.  Keep in mind, there is $1350 worth of prizes for this contest.  The thanks goes to @Get Marwood & I who has donated $500 grading credit to the 6th place winner.  So:

1st place  $500

2nd place  $250

3rd place  $100

6th place  $500

Get your grades in!  

So if I'm 23rd at the current rate of motion, how many syllables and fast can I talk in a southern twang to finish sixth by the stiff upper lips assessment? 

Spoiler

Fixin ta find out ry in cornbread hell is a goin' on between the grades and my finish score dag nabbit! @grendelbo

Spoiler

Probably a cornfield joke, way out in the weeds somewhere edit or Texas or Florida if I don't gum it up someway somehow!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 4/29/2024 at 8:26 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

So if I'm 23rd at the current state of motion, how many syllables and fast can I talk in a southern twang to finish sixth by the stiff upper lips assessment? 

Hide contents

Fixin ta find out ry in cornbread hell is a goin' on between the grades and my finish score dag nabbit!

Reveal hidden contents

Probably a cornfield joke, way out in the weeds somewhere 

de5148520175b38e20273741a49c99bf.jpg.bfcd065163527c24bcbf94b5902a190f.jpg

On 4/29/2024 at 9:29 PM, grendelbo said:

@ADAMANTIUM

Got you before you finished editing.

:lightning:

I was thinking of actually doing the math, but that post is what my brain thought of THAT! As I put down the pen and paper, wadded it up to throw it away in the trash and then said, "It is what it BE, by the Grace of God!"

tenor.gif

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

How do you determine 6th place? If there are a number of people tied in the 4th slot, do they battle it out? Or do you skip down to the 6th place score slot and let those people battle it out? Presumably there will be multiple people with the same 6th place score. 

On 4/29/2024 at 9:45 PM, Mr. Zipper said:

How do you determine 6th place? If there are a number of people tied in the 4th slot, do they battle it out? Or do you skip down to the 6th place score slot and let those people battle it out? Presumably there will be multiple people with the same 6th place score. 

Currently of the top 6 places, they all have a score of eight, so presumably one of those will be sixth place, unless it ends in tie/run-off.

All 6 tied for first place would need to get six or seven each round, this and next round, with me bowling perfect for me to wind up in first and with my current score of 23, and thereby might end up sixth place plus or minus ten percent lol the odds of gambling were never keen with me so idk probabilities @Mr. Zipper

That's all I'm doing with two rounds left and not being on the specific last round.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Nevermind all the people in 7th through the rest tied with me in 23rd.

In short everyone with a score of eight will presumably be in the running for first, second, third, and now sixth.

I'd throw darts before playing Russian roulette but it is a bit like a six pistol shooter with two bullets lol

On 4/29/2024 at 8:45 PM, Point Five said:

I got the hm of death from Mike.  :eek: 

I think mine was worse...but I just couldn't look at them again...I mean ...I didn't want Mike stuck with too much stuff the last minute :idea:

I thought about starting a glossary of Mike emoji's but knowing him, he'd just switch meanings to torture   keep us guessing

On 4/29/2024 at 11:42 PM, skypinkblu said:

I think mine was worse...but I just couldn't look at them again...I mean ...I didn't want Mike stuck with too much stuff the last minute :idea:

I thought about starting a glossary of Mike emoji's but knowing him, he'd just switch meanings to torture   keep us guessing

All I know is that the best round I ever had, multiple bullseyes, Mike sent me the rocket emoji, and the guy with the cape, and I've been chasing that high ever since!

• Administrator
  • Administrator
On 4/29/2024 at 10:45 PM, Mr. Zipper said:

Right now, I am not going to worry about it.  While the 4th round is underway, we can discuss options and I will make a decision after I get a feel from participants as to how they would like it to go down.