• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ebay
1 1

26 posts in this topic

Ok... so few weeks ago i posted on the "moderns are heating up on ebay" thread a final auction about a batman run sold by neatstuffcollectibles. Yesterday on ebay i seen exactly the same run... and after searching on past sale i seen that they already had sold exactly this same one 3 times during the last month! 

At the beggining i tought it was just me who was a bit susceptible but honnestly considering the frequency of these sales and also the fact that is happen on many other lots... im start to think that there's shenanigans behind this... does neatstuffcollectibles  charge exorbitant reserves prices on their items? Or would you told me that Ebay is such a poor place that bidders never paid their items? Or maybe neatstuffcollectibles have so much stock that they could assemble exactly the same lots many times in a month...?

What do you think?

I would chalk it up to a non-paying bidder or two before I’d go to something more nefarious. Mostly because the seller has been around for a long time on eBay with thousands of positive transactions. I believe that the same company is related to Sparkle City which also sells on eBay

On 4/29/2024 at 12:20 PM, ThothAmon said:

I would chalk it up to a non-paying bidder or two before I’d go to something more nefarious. Mostly because the seller has been around for a long time on eBay with thousands of positive transactions. I believe that the same company is related to Sparkle City which also sells on eBay

Well if it is, ebay is definitly a trash... i mean they are currently relisting hundreds of sold items! 

On 4/29/2024 at 1:18 AM, BA773 said:

What do you think?

Since you asked, I think you need to back off some on your accusations.  This seller sells a lot of bulk books and gets pretty good money for it.  I think you posted about this seller before and were told the seller was pretty much legit.  

On 4/29/2024 at 7:12 AM, Readcomix said:

They may not necessarily be relisting. They may have multiples. They are a massive warehouse, open to the public by appointment. I have not made one, but I’d like to out of curiosity. They are about an hour from my area, but I drive over that way for work on occasion. I saw the building one day and thought it might be a comics shop, then read the sign on the front door.

Where is it located? I see @BrianHoward has NYC/NJ in his location. :banana:

@BA773Considering BrianHoward's response above, and as others have already suggested, could you edit the title of this post so it's not misleading? Other people could come across it in a Google search and get the wrong impression of neatstuffcollectibles.