• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let's celebrate redheads!
7 7

370 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I thought about Schomburg's Thrillings immediately but thought it was Vernon Greene's cover from the case.  Can't believe CGC didn't note Schomburg. Of course, I'm surprised I've never heard of these either (or seen them mentioned on the rarest romance thread in GA).  #54 is my fave, and none of them are true knockouts, but that's one cool grouping of covers.  You have trouble tracking those down in decent grade? (not a romance title I've ever hunted issues of)

Edited by Darwination

On 5/30/2024 at 12:58 AM, Darwination said:

I thought about Schomburg's Thrillings immediately but thought it was Vernon Greene's cover from the case.  Can't believe CGC didn't note Schomburg. Of course, I'm surprised I've never heard of these either (or seen them mentioned on the rarest romance thread in GA).  #54 is my fave, and none of them are true knockouts, but that's one cool grouping of covers.  You have trouble tracking those down in decent grade? (not a romance title I've ever hunted issues of)

I first found out about the title on the boards and kept my eyes peeled.  I ended up grabbing 3 of them at once and then it took forever to track down the other 2 copies.  I think 1 from ebay and 1 from CL.  1 came graded and I sent in the other 4, didn't have any of them pressed (I have yet to press a book).  I think they're pretty cool!  The last I checked not 1 has an issue with over 10 on the census and I had them add the set to the registry so there can't be that many out there.  I actually think some should have graded higher, but 1 did that I thought was lower - but that's the grading life!  

Oh, that's the whole set too!  ;)  They all have Xela covers, so I don't know why they would have ever left that off, but I think it's a situation that would now be fixed but 1 of the slabs is older.  Put 'em on your list!  :)