• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC x JSA Questions
7 7

94 posts in this topic

Will the merger with JSA allow for yellow signature authentication on your other brands now? Prior to the merger you where not witnessing other media (video games, movies, etc) will this now change?  

• Administrator

Hi @RickKindel,

Thank you for contacting us. I am happy to help. Currently, the JSA verification is only for regular-sized comics. We do plan on allowing you to submit Magazine sized comics, trading card, Sport-cards, and non- sports cards, but we are not sure exactly when that will be. Kindly be on the lookout for another announcement in the coming months. We appreciate your patience with us. 

Please let us know if you have any concerns. 

Thank you,  

• Administrator
On 7/28/2024 at 5:26 PM, Michael Johnson Jr., Ph.D. said:

Allison,

I've been wondering the same thing as Rick!  Thoughts??

Hello @Michael Johnson Jr., Ph.D., thanks for reaching out. Happy to help! While we do not yet have any pubic plans to include more collectible types for the CGC x JSA services, this is definitely on our radar! We look forward to expanding CCG x JSA's certification abilities in the future and are excited for what the future will have in store. We will be pumped to announce any changes as any new services become available! Be sure to sign up for email announcements in your CGC account portal to stay in the loop! Thanks again and happy collecting! 

Here's a question that doesn't look like it's been asked yet:  Why are the CGCxJSA books being included on the Census under the Restored column??  Confusing, to say the very least.  I have a TMNT book signed by Kevin Eastman that I just got back.  When I submitted it, it was not in the list of books from which to select (a "virgin" edition of another book).  I just checked the Census to see if it was indeed a "1 of 1" (and it is), but the 1 is shown under the Restored column of the Census.  I had to click on the "See Details" link under the Restored header, and only then did it show that the book was a CGCxJSA book.  I would think either a new column would be added to the Census or these signed books would just be included in the Signature Series column.

Edited by Jstan70
Clarification

What is CGCxJSA doing about Restored books to be verified for signatures or actual Qualified books, like a Hulk 181 with a MVS cut out to be Sig verified? Is there a Sig Series Label with the Black stripe and a "combo" Green or Purple stripe to denote it has resto or is actually a Qualified book as well as Sig Verified?

I haven't seen anything discussed about this, if so I missed it, and I just looked the best I could...

Edited by KryptoSpidey

On 8/4/2024 at 6:00 AM, KryptoSpidey said:

What is CGCxJSA doing about Restored books to be verified for signatures or actual Qualified books, like a Hulk 181 with a MVS cut out to be Sig verified? Is there a Sig Series Label with the Black stripe and a "combo" Green or Purple stripe to denote it has resto or is actually a Qualified book as well as Sig Verified?

I haven't seen anything discussed about this, if so I missed it, and I just looked the best I could...

No input from a Mod?

• Administrator
On 8/4/2024 at 6:00 AM, KryptoSpidey said:

Hello! 

If the book would be Restored or truly Qualified the label would be Purple/Green respectively. We do not currently have a JSA label for these books unfortunately. Instead there would be a note with the signature information on the Purple or Green label with the other notes regarding the grading info. Thanks for checking! 

On 8/19/2024 at 8:25 AM, CHWL said:

I got my CGC x JSA reholder back today... successfully transitioned from a green label to the new JSA label! Looks great and fits in nicely with the rest of my J. Scott Campbell remarked books! :)

image.jpeg

20240819_201120.jpg

When you submitted the green label to have the sig JSA'd, did it have to be regraded? Or does it automatically keep it's grade?

On 8/27/2024 at 8:35 AM, MattM CS said:

Hello! 

If the book would be Restored or truly Qualified the label would be Purple/Green respectively. We do not currently have a JSA label for these books unfortunately. Instead there would be a note with the signature information on the Purple or Green label with the other notes regarding the grading info. Thanks for checking! 

Sounds like that needs to be addressed at some point then. Just like a Sig Series book with a purple/green stripe. The point of the Sig Series yellow is to stick out as a Sig Series book.... People will look at a purple or Green Label with a "Jsa note" as a just such.... those labels turn people away for starters. There has to be a way to incorporate a green/purple stripe onto a JSA black stripe/yellow label ...somewhere visible on it. My 2c

I have a couple of questions about photos.

First, how much does it cost for CGC to slaba photo? I don't see prices on Services and Fees. Unless I'm looking in the wrong place. 

Second, what are the fees for Signature Series and JSA fees for photos?

Thanks!

On 9/15/2024 at 1:34 PM, Shockmaster said:

I have a couple of questions about photos.

First, how much does it cost for CGC to slaba photo? I don't see prices on Services and Fees. Unless I'm looking in the wrong place. 

Second, what are the fees for Signature Series and JSA fees for photos?

Thanks!

I believe JSA verification is only on comics as of now.

On 9/1/2024 at 7:07 AM, Gaard said:

When you submitted the green label to have the sig JSA'd, did it have to be regraded? Or does it automatically keep it's grade?

Did you have a jsa sticker on the book and they turned it black/yellow?  I want to goto ocala con at the end of month and get some xmen 97 books signed but cgc wont be onsite, jsa will be.. if i pay for jsa authentication($10ea sig) and get the sticker/hologram.. does that constitute a black/yellow label from cgc?