• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is anyone else getting books back with warped inner wells?
25 25

1,693 posts in this topic

On 8/29/2024 at 10:58 AM, Stefan_W said:
On 8/29/2024 at 10:54 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I might make a youtube vid because it is the only way to post a vid to the boards, and sometimes text doesn't captivate nor include my feeling of excitement. Being paid for it sounds like Aladdin with the lamp and all the powers that go with it lol when a humble small fry suits me just as well :roflmao: 

I think you should! I would subscribe to your channel

lol I only do the hits! :insane:

and I don't keep up with it to be mindful of what is public, it isn't even a clean sweep of what you have, so idk, but if it floats your boat :) 

here are the recent ones, the solar eclipse and the Christmas boards gift exchange :eek: eek!

On 8/19/2024 at 3:50 PM, HotKey said:

I think it really is this simple. As many have stated, any fix or admission opens the floodgates. Their current approach costs them for sure, but costs them the least out of available options.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Blackrock start to shop them around after 3 different scandals in 3 straight years.

There was the Reholder Scam and now WarpGate. What's the third? The couple that was stealing books? AcetateGate? Or is there another bigger one I'm forgetting?

On 8/24/2024 at 3:20 PM, Poutine said:

FB_IMG_1717651899051.jpg

Am I the only one picturing this as CGC Mike? He's clearly a standup guy, and I'm reading his messages about contacting CS directly, and removing himself from the discussion, as him having raised the red flags with the upper management (who clearly want to avoid the issue and/or pretend it'll blow over) and is unwilling to be party to downplaying the problem.

^ at my Fortune 15 firm, Bonus' are decided in Oct, distributed late Jan, then the skedaddlin' begins.  

meaning never say or do anything that could negatively affect a divisions bottom line before those bonus' are determined.  To rock the boat prior to that means a Code Red ordered on you by some 18-24month-er resume padding Exec.

Edited by MAY1979

On 8/28/2024 at 8:14 PM, wiparker824 said:

“No Return Policy. All items sold by COMICLINK are guaranteed authentic unless otherwise indicated. No items sold by COMICLINK are returnable or refundable for any reason.”

I won some books in their recent auction.  Still awaiting arrival.  If they send me bent books and then won't take them back....  I'll be done with them.  2c

On 8/29/2024 at 12:55 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

There was the Reholder Scam and now WarpGate. What's the third? The couple that was stealing books? AcetateGate? Or is there another bigger one I'm forgetting?

Selling the full range of grades to bad idea for stabbing a piece of plastic. 

On 8/29/2024 at 12:59 PM, HotKey said:

Selling the full range of grades to bad idea for stabbing a piece of plastic. 

I have no idea what this sentence above means(shrug) however I agree it's a bad idea to stab pieces of plastic. Good way to get yourself a trip to the ER.

I'm communicating with CGC at the moment about my books, and so far they've commented that the issues on the photos I sent them look like they're all acceptable for 9.8 comics.  (I'll post the ones I sent below for reference)  However, one thing that occurred to me is that it's hard to capture these bends and ticks adequately on photos and they tend to look worse when you're actually holding the book in hand.   But I'm not sure what else to do since photos is basically all I can actually provide as evidence, plus my assurance that these were not there originally.  But if they say "these are ok for 9.8"... there's just no way I can refute that in any way since it's their opinion based on photos that dont really convey how the book looks in person.  =(

PXL_20240827_204858824.jpg

PXL_20240827_204706903.jpg

PXL_20240823_170953644.jpg

PXL_20240823_170803589.jpg

PXL_20240823_170411419.jpg

Edited by 0r0d

^ i can clearly see color breaking spine damage in the 3rd and 4th pics. What was the grade of that book?

The book might still be ok as a PGX 9.8?  Based on their actions one might conclude CGC desires to be the next PGX . 

I will say if was in the market for either of the books in the first 2 pics that based on what I see it would be a Hard no hesitation Pass ! 0r0d, my apologies for the bluntness.

Edited by MAY1979

On 8/29/2024 at 2:21 PM, MAY1979 said:

^ i can clearly see color breaking spine damage in the 3rd and 4th pics. What was the grade of that book?

The 3 books I'm discussing are 9.8s.  I know all of that pre-screen batch that I sent in were absolutely flawless since I picked the best of the best (in terms of lack of flaws) that I had to send in.  

On 8/29/2024 at 4:06 PM, LordRahl said:

I have no idea what this sentence above means(shrug) however I agree it's a bad idea to stab pieces of plastic. Good way to get yourself a trip to the ER.

Bad Idea "published" an "invisible comic," called Conceptual Funnies, which was basically just some blank acetate folded and stapled together in the size of a comic. And then CGC encapsulated the entire "run" with a single copy in each grade, except 9.8s, of which there was as many copies as the rest of the grades combined. 

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/cgc-asks-bad-idea-to-stop-selling-the-slabbed-invisible-comics/

On 8/29/2024 at 6:26 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Bad Idea "published" an "invisible comic," called Conceptual Funnies, which was basically just some blank acetate folded and stapled together in the size of a comic. And then CGC encapsulated the entire "run" with a single copy in each grade, except 9.8s, of which there was as many copies as the rest of the grades combined. 

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/cgc-asks-bad-idea-to-stop-selling-the-slabbed-invisible-comics/

:cloud9:

-bc