• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is anyone else getting books back with warped inner wells?
25 25

1,693 posts in this topic

I agree with sauce dog, they need accountability. I'm hoping out ranting down here makes enough noise that they can't ignore us. 

My book should be here on thursday; let's see how that goes. 

On 8/12/2024 at 8:06 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Well that is enough of that becausei dont rememberwhat all was deleted.

Are we supposed to go back and re-read the thread?  And then compare it to what?  I know one of my "removed by moderators" is available to view by me, but others are not....  (shrug)

On 8/13/2024 at 2:42 PM, Yorick said:

Are we supposed to go back and re-read the thread?  And then compare it to what?  I know one of my "removed by moderators" is available to view by me, but others are not....  (shrug)

I'm not sure what you're asking, but I can't quote something that isn't there 😭 

Edit and no I'm not asking you to do any of the above. :cheers:

Bowing out

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

I just had my latest pre-screen submission come back to me and here is what I am seeing. I realize this thread is sometimes fact-resistant so mostly posting this in case someone comes here looking for actual information. 

- 23/25 in this submission hit 9.8.

- All 23 books had the bend inside the case.

- 20/23 books were clean copies with no ticks, and they look perfect so no damage done.

- 3 books had very small ticks that I knew were there.

- One book had a tick closer to the spine, and the bend did nothing to make it show more. It is exactly as it should look.

- 2 books had ticks close to the middle of the spine. They were both a bit more pronounced by the bend, but they were tiny to begin with so you still have to turn the slab in a bunch of different directions to see one of them them. The other was slightly larger and can be seen if you hold the slab close up, so not ideal since it removed the positive effect of pressing. 

- If I didnt specifically look for the bend I would have seen nothing usual about the slabs that came back. But for context this is a high grade submission and more noticeable will react differently.  

Edited by Stefan_W

Update on my end. I just got back 1 of 3 books sent in for ME. The one I got back was approved for ME and fixed. It was one of 2 that was curved as well as middle of comic moving down. (shaken comic syndrome).

The other 2 are still being looked at. 1 had same issue as the first that was fixed. The 2nd is the one thats curved with multiple spine ticks. I did send comparison pictures pointing out damage vs the pictures they took online.

Crossing fingers the last 2 get fixed. 

On 8/13/2024 at 4:42 PM, Stefan_W said:

If I didnt specifically look for the bend I would have seen nothing usual about the slabs that came back

So if you hadn't looked for the bend, you wouldn't have seen the bend. But you did look for the bend and you saw the bend. 

On 8/13/2024 at 6:17 PM, crazyhips said:

I just checked my slabs and my Batman 155 I bought this year was slabbed in early January 2024. It doesn’t appear to have a bend but does have the clip to hold the book in place that has been mentioned previously. 

The clip that holds the well in? Is that what we're talking about ?? 

On 8/13/2024 at 5:24 PM, crazyhips said:
On 8/13/2024 at 5:21 PM, Ninja0215 said:

The clip that holds the well in? Is that what we're talking about ?? 

Yes 

I know you've posted pics before, but when you said clip, I was going to double check....

And the follow up questions by others I wasn't sure if I was clear enough, or somehow had missed the clarity... etc.

When you say tabs? You mean smaller ones? Because these tabs outlined in the Pic are more common and "may be what people naturally 'think' ???"

Hard to see but Lord Willing the marker helped idk 

Screenshot_20240813_172800_Samsung Internet.jpg

On 8/13/2024 at 6:31 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I know you've posted pics before, but when you said clip, I was going to double check....

And the follow up questions by others I wasn't sure if I was clear enough, or somehow had missed the clarity... etc.

When you say tabs? You mean smaller ones? Because these tabs outlined in the Pic are more common and "may be what people naturally 'think' ???"

I apologize for not using the best terms. I am referring to the tab you outline in marker in the pic.  It may have nothing to do with my comic not having a bend, but I thought it may have been discussed a few dozen pages back.  

On 8/13/2024 at 6:31 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Thanks for that, much appreciated! So, with that being said; is this the culprit in question? Can we be certain of that? 

On 8/13/2024 at 5:36 PM, Ninja0215 said:

Thanks for that, much appreciated! So, with that being said; is this the culprit in question? Can we be certain of that? 

I remembered smaller ones on my cable Deadpool but haven't fished it out to relook, partly why I removed some of the banter last night, yadda yadda.

These smaller at the top and bottom could be imo causing a bow like.

The one on the sides would definitely help and not hinder, by keeping the bow to a minimum.

That's said if you look at my pic? My comic is pushed all the way over to the side of the slab to make it fit with the tab. When I received back with it I got a lot of crying reactions.

Side or side and bottoms like that are the ones I was speaking of last night that are the size of a whole thumbnail, and don't always push the comic all the way over.

The smaller tabs at top and bottom were ones idk if were common, and I don't even see a trace of my cable Deadpool posted in this thread, so idk what was deleted...

On 8/13/2024 at 2:42 PM, Yorick said:

The quotes from last night for clarity, I was too tired and it was late...

On 8/12/2024 at 9:47 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

But that is all the case and not the inner well?

Yes the case is tighter and more tamper proof, but the inner well didn't have to change to accomplish that? There was either a certain amount of room for an inner well or there wasn't.  Are you saying they reimaggined everything to tighten a new screws or seal better the sides?

That's why I mentioned the "tabs that are pinching the inner well to the slab, that can be seen in my pics of the cable Deadpool way back when, that in turn pin the top and bottom of the inner well to the top of the case? Causing the middle to not be pinned!" Causing the bowing, nothing to do with air imo

The side whole  thumbnail size would also pin the side to lessen a bow

Edited by ADAMANTIUM