• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is anyone else getting books back with warped inner wells?
22 22

1,498 posts in this topic

I have books I'd like to send to cgc but thisnis a concern.  If there is conformation that these inner wells have been taken out of production; then I'll send them here. 

Is there a definite answer to this?? 

On 7/14/2024 at 3:09 PM, Ninja0215 said:

I have books I'd like to send to cgc but thisnis a concern.  If there is conformation that these inner wells have been taken out of production; then I'll send them here. 

Based on past history, at very best expect it to be a long wait for any official response.

The good news is DC Digests due to the nature of their size are not affected :roflmao:

Edited by MAR1979

On 7/14/2024 at 4:00 PM, MAR1979 said:

Based on past history, at very best expect it to be a long wait for any official response.

The good news is DC Digests due to the nature of their size are not affected :roflmao:

Well that's comforting lol

I have the packing slip ready to go but I might hold off on these. 

On 7/14/2024 at 3:00 PM, MAR1979 said:
On 7/14/2024 at 2:09 PM, Ninja0215 said:

have books I'd like to send to cgc but thisnis a concern.  If there is conformation that these inner wells have been taken out of production; then I'll send them here. 

Didn't they say they had a problem slab due to be delivered Monday that they'd then take a look at?

Three days or whatever isn't a long time to change a whole system of operation, even if it was a week or two since confirmed by the public, still hasn't even been diagnosed as to what by CGC.

Some of these posts recently by people who've posted and read these updates are either in a rush due to circumstances or something, as I can't explain why they ask what they're (quiet) "demanding about it";not you @Ninja0215just responding to you and @MAR1979 for the level head.

I'm sure something will be determined once the cause is figured out, some posting on the weekend after a week of discussion will Peter out. 

Don't get your hopes up too soon long story short

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 7/14/2024 at 12:06 PM, DanJD said:

Some other posts might be related. Would love to see the side profile of this book.

it's the new 9.8...now that we have 'other' grades

Cgc hasn't even had an example of the problem to look at, according to updates, not in hand at least. They're not magic genie's and all knowing and etc.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 7/14/2024 at 4:11 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Cgc hasn't even had an example of the problem look at, according to updates, not in hand at least. They're not magic genie's and all knowing and etc.

I'm not even home at the moment to pack them and ship them . Wouldn't be till next weekend at the earliest these would go out.   I'm sure by the time these even were pressed and hit the grading room that something would be available. 

On 7/14/2024 at 3:13 PM, Ninja0215 said:

I'm not even home at the moment to pack them and ship them . Wouldn't be till next weekend at the earliest these would go out.   I'm sure by the time these even were pressed and hit the grading room that something would be available. 

Ya 👍 😊 

Their initial response was to go to the encapsulation room to delve in and do something, for whatever reason they didn't find it, no matter how common "we think it is" so idk. 

That's why I laid out the description to double check what was explained, as it should be very obvious.

If course when initially the people who contacted customer service quoted "within expectations", I think 🤔, idk what that means if it is designed to bow like that?

It would explain why the manager "didn't see it?" But if it affects the facility expect it to be a major change, that they'd want to know and have a right fix to confidently implement.

On 7/14/2024 at 3:09 PM, Ninja0215 said:

yeah.....that's not how this is going to play out.

On 7/14/2024 at 3:19 PM, KatComics said:
On 7/14/2024 at 2:09 PM, Ninja0215 said:

have books I'd like to send to cgc but thisnis a concern.  If there is conformation that these inner wells have been taken out of production; then I'll send them here. 

yeah.....that's not how this is going to play out.

I keep saying initial response, not realizing there have been so many.

Originally before these threads they admitted to faulty wells that were done away with and fixed.

Problem is no one knows if this is a separate issue?

Or if the wells they got rid of fixed an older problem or if these new bowing issues were even a part of what they stated to have got rid of, that is unclear.

They said, "we did away with faulty inner wells", before these threads happened, we can't assume their interrelated.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

I have 5 books that were CGC graded/slabbed in 2024

Just pulled them. 4/5 have the warping :(. The other is not a standard sized comic and currently appears ok.

Of the 4, the grade dates are:

Jan 31 2024 - 2
Mar 14 2024 - 1
June 12 2024 - 1

Edited by MAR1979

On 7/14/2024 at 3:07 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Didn't they say they had a problem slab due to be delivered Monday that they'd then take a look at?

Three days or whatever isn't a long time to change a whole system of operation, even if it was a week or two since confirmed by the public, still hasn't even been diagnosed as to what by CGC.

Some of these posts recently by people who've posted and read these updates are either in a rush due to circumstances or something, as I can't explain why they ask what they're (quiet) "demanding about it";not you @Ninja0215just responding to you and @MAR1979 for the level head.

I'm sure something will be determined once the cause is figured out, some posting on the weekend after a week of discussion will Peter out. 

Don't get your hopes up too soon long story short

My book is the one that’s arriving tomorrow to be looked at. However, in my attached post, someone pointed out this thread about inner wells bending books.  This was first brought to their attention by others in May and is clearly still going on.  

Edited by DanJD

On 7/14/2024 at 4:30 PM, MAR1979 said:

I have 5 books that were CGC graded/slabbed in 2024

Just pulled them. 4/5 have the warping :(. The other is not a standard sized comic and currently appears ok.

Of the 4, the grade dates are:

Jan 31 2024 - 2
Mar 14 2024 - 1
June 12 2024 - 1

@CGC Mike appears the 4 I have with warping the comics have not yet suffered spine damage.   I am not the original submitter of any of them. I do hope they can sent back before the soon and inevitable damage occurs

Edited by MAR1979

On 7/14/2024 at 3:31 PM, DanJD said:

My book is the one that’s arriving tomorrow to be looked at. However, in my attached post, someone pointed out this thread about inner wells bending books.  This was first brought to their attention by others in May and is clearly still going on.  

I stand corrected :cheers:

On 7/14/2024 at 3:54 PM, KatComics said:

is this just like a 2024 thing....or do I need to dig out my 2023 submissions??

dang it.....off to the boxes!!

I was wondering this too, and how I only heard about it from Tuesday lol