• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No comment read on the ASM #129 pages that just surfaced?
1 1

57 posts in this topic

On 6/18/2024 at 9:46 AM, gumbydarnit said:

see all the IM offers the seller is recieving - for both the $$ amounts and the interesting tactics people would use to land those coveted pages. WOW!!!

Seems to be $140k to $750k USD per panel page of original comic art, and Wolverine is not even on them. Wow.

Posted (edited)
On 6/18/2024 at 12:58 PM, Rob Frey said:

some of the people who commented on that thread sure have interesting opinions.

My two expressed opinions on the thread were,(1)  I think the pages featuring the Punisher were 6 figures each, and (2) that the owner should consult a tax attorney and CPA rather than take bad advice on how to legally reduce tax consequences from Facebook commenters. So, hope you weren’t referring to me. LOL! 

Edited by PhilipB2k17

On 6/18/2024 at 11:36 PM, stinkininkin said:

I guess. The old collector me, the "get off my lawn" me just laments that comic art by pretty solid but frankly journeyman artists have become valued on the basis of the IP that they illustrated and when that IP was produced, and not on true artistic merit. I get it. I'm coming at this from an artists perspective. Collectors should be able to fan however they want. I'm just here howling at the moon.

I bought a page last year which had no discernable IP value, just one beautiful John Buscema panel. Thank you for making me feel less crazy 

Edited by KirbyCollector