• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Secret Sound Collection
3 3

28 posts in this topic

IIRC is was just a non-pedigree collection of golden age books that they paid extra to get a custom label for. Back in November there were a series of tiktoks/insta reels going over 5 or so boxes of 70ish books and not all of them were graded. I believe anything in the 6.0+ range was graded with everything else being sold as raw, there were no high end keys (they might have been previously sold) but a nice all around grouping of WWII era books.

Here is a copy of the collection card:

image.png.278b6b3c3e8f638e457a07934911e6ba.pngimage.png.27d131e02facd86a1d10837b4e548c71.png

and what the label looks like graded (was a sale thread on the forums):

image.png.f55886c774582dfff00f0975bab2b5da.png

Edit to include: I only knew of the golden age stuff, but it looks to also include modern drek. Maybe they were trying to identify another Savannah Pedigree and came up short? I haven't seen anything from the sound collection while purchasing X-Men (1991) or golden age Millies.

Edited by DougC

I think the Secret Sound collection was that collection of comics that Golden Age Guru and Comic Tom "found".  It was something like 350,000 comics.  Golden Age Guru talks about it in the video below, I believe (Comic Tom's channel also ran a series of videos about them finding it from what I recall) :

Edited by Telegan

Love these collection finds but one universal seems to be the collector was estranged from his family to some extent and the heirs had no idea.  Hopefully that doesn’t occur until you have at least 1000 long boxes. My guess is that there are plenty more like this one to find. 

Although rare, yes there are still nice GA collections still out there undiscovered.

A nice early collection of mostly DC books were found in a house locally. 3-4 large boxes full. Nice runs of Superman, Batman and others starting in the single digits. A few other publishers as well all OO books. Very nice shape.

Just got to be lucky.

On 6/24/2024 at 3:52 AM, ThothAmon said:

Love these collection finds but one universal seems to be the collector was estranged from his family to some extent and the heirs had no idea.  Hopefully that doesn’t occur until you have at least 1000 long boxes. My guess is that there are plenty more like this one to find. 

I think you are right.  I know of a couple other massive collections out there and the amounts of books are so overwhelming for the owner that the person who actually can process that many books needs an entire crew of people to manage it.  The buying pool becomes smaller at a certain quantity as the price goes up and so does the work load.

\

On 6/24/2024 at 7:44 AM, Robot Man said:

Although rare, yes there are still nice GA collections still out there undiscovered.

A nice early collection of mostly DC books were found in a house locally. 3-4 large boxes full. Nice runs of Superman, Batman and others starting in the single digits. A few other publishers as well all OO books. Very nice shape.

Just got to be lucky.

So many great undiscovered books to be found.  Always fun to hear the stories of new finds.  This collection had about 10 raw churches and another 10 different pedigrees.  There were also 15 books that were the actual copies used in the Gerber Photo Journal.  The history behind the collector and their collection is usually the most interesting part of the find.

On 6/24/2024 at 11:43 AM, Dark Knight said:

Nope not a pedigree, doesn't qualify. Just a collection 

Definitely not as special as a Pedigree.