• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Farewell
7 7

39 posts in this topic

gonna keep it short

I’ve only been here on the boards since late 2019 but wanted to thank a great community of people here I’ve had brief interactions with over that short time either by posts or the few purchases I made.

I grew up (child of the late 60’s) loving comic books which were a great escape and after many detours in life like many only came back around to the hobby in a more proactive way within the last 5 or so years

i just came to noticed my post regarding beachbum comics was deleted by CGC.  There is still some discussion of it I came to find buried in the following post (at least for now) in another less active sub-forum

If I wanted additional stress I have plenty of other avenues for that than what should be a fun hobby … anyhow, good to have spent some fun time together

Edited by StillOnly25Cents

Just accept that CGC is a badly managed company with serious flaws that happens to offer a fantastic comic forum.  I've no idea why they are defending Beach Bum, at the risk of hurting many of their own customers, but it's on par with most of their other decisions.

I've often considered leaving, but what would it accomplish?

On 8/1/2024 at 11:07 AM, wardevil0 said:

Please consider the ongoing judgment against CGC for words used on this message board that were ruled to be damaging to another business.  If CGC is seen to be fostering disparaging commentary about another business they have to consider the possibility they may be held liable for it down the road.

I could be wrong, but I think the difference might have been that an employee(s) were involved in the commenting not just an open platform where non employees/collectors are sharing and discussing.  I see your point though. They might just be over cautious now.

On 8/1/2024 at 4:43 PM, JollyComics said:

So that company's bridge got burned?

I have heard about that company that never sent CGC copies to the customers who already paid, correct?

One could call people that run those type of businesses BUMs.
Sometimes I see BUMs living on the BEACH.
They even made a movie about them...

MV5BMTY3MDUzMTAzOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDk3ODQyNzM@._V1_.jpg

On 8/1/2024 at 11:06 AM, shadroch said:

Just accept that CGC is a badly managed company with serious flaws that happens to offer a fantastic comic forum.  I've no idea why they are defending Beach Bum, at the risk of hurting many of their own customers, but it's on par with most of their other decisions.

I've often considered leaving, but what would it accomplish?

No direct knowledge of anything.  But some folks know about the bodies and some folks know where they're buried. Not saying Dre does or doesn't.  I'm just saying there is a history of threads going poof where that action wasn't taken completely impartially. 

On 8/1/2024 at 5:30 PM, Transplant said:

No direct knowledge of anything.  But some folks know about the bodies and some folks know where they're buried. Not saying Dre does or doesn't.  I'm just saying there is a history of threads going poof where that action wasn't taken completely impartially. 

image.png.5abc1cf3685e5eb9ff20b253d92f4b2d.png

:popcorn:

On 8/1/2024 at 9:06 AM, shadroch said:

I've no idea why they are defending Beach Bum, at the risk of hurting many of their own customers, but it's on par with most of their other decisions.

I'll give you a hint: it's a 5 letter word that starts with "M" and ends with "oney".  Simply put, Beach Bum's volume exceeds that of the potential customers that would leave the boards.