• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink Overcharged Me
3 3

26 posts in this topic

Hello, Comiclink doesn't have a forum, so I thought I'd bring it up here. Recently, I made a purchase for some original art from them, and made an agreement for timed payment. I already made my first payment a couple weeks ago, and the next one was not supposed to be until next month. I then got a notification Friday afternoon after work that the full payment was taken from my bank account without warning. And, they OVERCHARGED me. I got charged the full price for the item when I had already made one payment. And this was done right at the closing hours so I can't contact their customer service until Monday. Has this happened to anyone else? Will they reverse the payment? (I would hope so, since they literally stole from me). Just wanted to make others aware. Hopefully this does not happen Ever again.

Never happened to me but just a heads up Monday is a holiday and their auctions don’t resume until Tuesday so might be waiting until then. I’d still email Josh directly and cc their billing email now, Josh runs things and may be checking emails over the weekend. His email is listed on their contact us page. I’m confident they won’t actually steal from you in the end but it may take a few days to sort out. 

Bad bookkeeping on their part, but they aren't thieves. It sux, and I hope it doesn't set off a ripple effect for you with other expenses-rent, leases, ect..

Edited by shadroch

Accidents happen on rare occasions. In all of my dealing with them there was only one small error and it was fixed with apologies as soon as I pointed it out.

They will absolutely sort it out for you and make sure everything is correct. 

On 8/31/2024 at 8:49 AM, Comic_Collector said:

Thanks, I'll try that. And for my card, they have it on file, but I'm still unsure why they were able to charge it when the agreement was for timed payments. I'll be sure to ask.

Why has a charge on your card led to the money being paid out of your bank account?  Are you using a debit instead of a credit card?

I could vent as well, but if it helps idk? as it is with CGC...

I called 3 weeks in a row to update CC info, then get an email at 10 pm on a Friday night before a 3 day holiday weekend to say "update my payment info or face delays or worse!" 

It is under my auto renew as updated, called customer service 3 weeks in a row to update info and delete all others so it is the only one on file :sorry:

Get the email on 3 day holiday weekend Friday at 10pm, they say go to a cgccomics forward slash .com address to update info, but that doesn't work either, as it doesn't have my unpaid submission info on it to click and won't just take the new CC information.

The email from cgc isn't one you can reply too, lol I figured 10 pm yadda yadda someone would be available to update, but now I'm like "pay soon or else?" and an extra 3rd day holiday?

I mean define soon when I've tried 3 weeks in advance and now going into a week after :sorry: 

On 8/31/2024 at 10:27 AM, buttock said:

I've never heard anyone speak a bad word about Clink's ethics.  Josh seems to have a sterling reputation.  I'm sure it's just a mistake.  

CLInk has always been straight with me, and the one time I did have an issue - they communicated promptly, never left me hanging and followed through. I'm sure it was a mix up and they'll get you sorted out. They have great customer service.

On 8/31/2024 at 9:36 AM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Now if they would just stop putting their stickers directly on the slabs they sell…

I wouldn't mind if they had a better sticker design...

On 8/31/2024 at 7:23 AM, Comic_Collector said:

Hello, Comiclink doesn't have a forum, so I thought I'd bring it up here. Recently, I made a purchase for some original art from them, and made an agreement for timed payment. I already made my first payment a couple weeks ago, and the next one was not supposed to be until next month. I then got a notification Friday afternoon after work that the full payment was taken from my bank account without warning. And, they OVERCHARGED me. I got charged the full price for the item when I had already made one payment. And this was done right at the closing hours so I can't contact their customer service until Monday. Has this happened to anyone else? Will they reverse the payment? (I would hope so, since they literally stole from me). Just wanted to make others aware. Hopefully this does not happen Ever again.

Wouldn't it make more sense to see what the other party says in response, BEFORE posting it on social media and accusing someone of stealing?

I will echo what has already been said; anytime that I have had an issue it was resolved quickly and in my favor.

Someone in accounting didn't correctly enter the information and charged it as a full payment at time of request vice apply time payments (with the initial payment already posted). Why use a debit card though? if your buying art (which is already pricey) and using time payments (even higher price) put that charge on a CC with good rewards and pay the balance the day after it goes through.

ya I'm not aware of the comiclink reputation, but is a good sign to wait it out; although, it is a weight now, Lord willing it'll be compensated.

That post made by me earlier wasn't as much in weight, but that somehow software and communication is lacking sometimes within corps, but again Lord willing finds a resolve.

The wait and unknown "usually" being the biggest thing we can't control, but lean on others for confidence, hope, and for resolution. 

Sounds like comiclink has some backers, I'm sure the weight and wait that I'm in will hopefully be remedied, too.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 8/31/2024 at 2:28 PM, Yorick said:

I wouldn't mind if they had a better sticker design...

The sticker is tantamount to abuse IMHO.  As for the original poster it sucks what happened, but Clink will do right by you.

BTW @Comic_Collector you can tag them to this thread same as I did to you - type @ then comiclink and it will populate.

P.S.  Never, ever, never, ever permit direct bank account draws/access to anyone, unless it's a regulated industry like a utility and even then still best not to do so. Also never allow it to another bank or a finance company as their attorneys are better than yours!

Edited by MAY1979