• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,770 posts in this topic

Very cool Hart, love the colors, very different!! Are you framing this one?

Hey thanks Rac! Nope to framing this one...don't have much wall space left. So most of my art are in portfolios.

I highly recommend Jeff for commissions....he's very easy to deal with...gives you idea skecthes first...then lets you tweek it if you want before he finishes it for ya! laugh.gif

- hart

BLACK CAT MYSTERY 31

1650417-bcm31.jpg

I first saw the printed version of this comic here on these boards and instantly loved it. I started collecting any decent copy I could find. So when I saw the orignal while browsing through the latest Heritage catalog I was amazed. Here is a cover I stumbled upon while browsing these boards and then stumbled upon the auction in a catalog I am lucky to get since I have only won one auction from Heritage and it was for under $175.

Golden Age art pricing is somethng I know NOTHING about, so my first thought is to PM some of the board members that I have seen discussing it, and who's opinions I have come to trust. All of them responded and I'd like to thank them very much for thier informatve and helpful responses.

So I bid my max on the auction (read that "as much as I could scrape together" which was less than some of the estimates I recieved via PM) and I didn't win. frown.gif Fast forward a couple of weeks and I get an email saying the cover is still available for the winning bid which was one increment above mine. I jumped at it (and also thought, if I had bid less 893scratchchin-thumb.gif ).

See THIS THREAD for more obsessing over this cover. I really like those monsters confused.gif

Congrats, Mike! 893applaud-thumb.gif

It's nice to hear the story behind this acquisition. It's a small world when you can see a 50+ year old comic-book image one day, be impressed by it, then a short while later luck upon the original cover artwork! cool.gif

I'm very pleased for you. thumbsup2.gif

I haven't bought a page in a while But I found this nice Infantino Nova #25 page featuring Nova, Comet, one panel Sphinx and Skrulls battling it out. surpised that there isn't much white out with all the line work.

nova25.JPG

My first 20 pieces of OA all arrived on the same day. I was pretty excited. Pictured below is a 4 page story that appeared in Weird War Tales #64 ( Sorry about the fuzziness of the image, my digital camera is krapping out on me. ) I also picked up full stories from House of Mystery #216, Unexpected #163 and a couple misc. pages from WWT #89 and #123. thumbsup2.gif

WWT64page1.jpg

WWT64page2.jpg

WWT64page3.jpg

WWT64page4.jpg

dad & son nice haul you got there. where you find complete story.s ebay ?

larry ;]

Thanks Larry, I actually picked up the House of Mystery stuff from Comic Link and the Unexpected #163 and Weird War Tales stuff came from one of the board member's web sites at www.golden-age-collectibles.com

Andrew runs that site and has a lot of nice stuff in the OA section.